setting FEC on the 300D....

Status
Not open for further replies.
there're lots of posts. seems that it worked well. you could reset it by following the same procedures and set to 0EV.

well. since everyone says it underexposes with flash. just set it +1ev, heh

Just tried it, it works. I set to +2/3 FEC, in Canon's File Viewer Utility, the files taken will show this setting, Looking at the Histogram of the actual picture also shows that the setting actually comes into play.

The 10DRemote software is just a console for changing the settings in the camera, for example ISO, Shuttle Speed etc, apparently this software also allows a hidden adjustment for FEC :D.

tried it last night. it really works. u must dial it to tv mode though. please note you must install the 10d wia driver for the remotecapture to work.

likefunyouare said:
tried it last night. it really works. u must dial it to tv mode though. please note you must install the 10d wia driver for the remotecapture to work.

Does the FEC setting remains after you power off and on the camera ?

MeNaCeWu said:
Yes it does.
I find FEC indispensable with external flash, specially when bounce comes into play, it's sad that Canon chose to cripple the 300D this way

shrug. anyway, I get FEC with the Canon 550EX and I could compensate easily with the backup Metz 32Z1 (on auto mode).

joyfulcity said:
The 10DRemote software is just a console for changing the settings in the camera, for example ISO

does that mean that you can also change the WB in 100K increment on 300d, just as on 10d? :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.