See, Shot, and Share FZ50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't be so particular on the night shoot photo. Does it so important that you have to print it in A4?

If that is an important shoot, don't forget your flash. Build in flash work as well too.

I set my FZ50 NR to low. Then just use free download Neat-Image to PP it.
;)

Hi lohshp,:) . Yes, me too, cos I've been doing that too(FZ50 set to LOW-NR+Neat-Image) rather effective:thumbsup: NI is good cos it can select 'keep more detail', 'muddy-looking', & many more...:thumbsup:

actually it not just abut night shot. when in low light...u sure getting a low shutter speed and the OIS cannot cover u forever for that...that time u will sure need a higher ISO to over come that problem..this is where FZ50 abit weak..

but no doubt..the built in flash is powerfull..
haha...i'm oso using Neat Image to PP it..guess this is the best way...
here i share some of my night shoot..
P1040718_filtered-1.jpg

P1040745_filtered.jpg

P1040726_filtered.jpg

P1040749_filtered.jpg

thx for viewing....

I agreed. :thumbsup:

Here is my FZ50 build-in Flash Photo.
I set to Force On flash, pp to remove the red eye.

P1050810.jpg

This photo taken by using Nikon Sb800 Flash with Diffuser.

FlashSB800.jpg

lohshp
haha...the FZ50 build in flash to harsh already...
SB800? u used the SB800 on FZ50? can they work together? i got see somewhere else on the net said the SB800 can work on FZ50 as well..r they real?

hum..today go and find the diffuser..to bad all no stock...and nearly buy a loweprobag

lohshp
haha...the FZ50 build in flash to harsh already...
SB800? u used the SB800 on FZ50? can they work together? i got see somewhere else on the net said the SB800 can work on FZ50 as well..r they real?

hum..today go and find the diffuser..to bad all no stock...and nearly buy a loweprobag

Nope. Just auto only. TTL doesn't work.

Remember flim container? Find a white color one, cut a slot. Then could use as diffuser for built-in flash.
I not yet buy a flash. SB800 is not mine. Aim for FL50 but too expensive.

how u guys can get such a closed up? i havin my fz50 wif LW55 cant get this leh.... muz teach mi bit as i'm very very new to cam... wana learn more...:cry:

how u guys can get such a closed up? i havin my fz50 wif LW55 cant get this leh.... muz teach mi bit as i'm very very new to cam... wana learn more...:cry:
you don use wide angle if you want close up... try using tele.

I think he is using his Raynox DCR-250 Macro Lens to shoot those photo.
Close up Len might help but so good in quality.

The cheaper version is using magnifying Len. Some body have tried it and got a distorted macro photo. But, no harm to try right?;)

i try jus normal closed up with out lw55... also not clear... u guys really gd at it man... :cool:

Nope. Just auto only. TTL doesn't work.

Remember flim container? Find a white color one, cut a slot. Then could use as diffuser for built-in flash.
I not yet buy a flash. SB800 is not mine. Aim for FL50 but too expensive.

oic.....than had to buy a film and throw the film inside and keep the container..haha.....

oic...so the Auto also can work together. that day i saw pana FL500 cost RM2230 my eyes bool was drop out.. my fren Oly FL50 bought at RM1350 but hv to order. actually i think the FL36 suit the FZ50 more..coz the FL36 is light weight and the size just right to FZ50. i think u guys dun wan used a flash that even more heavier than ur cam right and the FL36 is half the price of FL50. beside,u oso can consider SB600 if u dun like the recharge rate.

i used tha DCR250 macro lens than only i can get such a close up.hum..i dun think u should used the LW55 to shoot macro..that is wide angle suitable for landscape i think.

i try jus normal closed up with out lw55... also not clear... u guys really gd at it man... :cool:

no clear? what do u mean not clear? fail to AF? do u switch ur AF to Macro AF at the side of ur cam? if u wanna get a good and better closeup...u can always crop ur photo...i will be better.

try to post some of ur pic here..so we can see ur problem...dun worry abt ur pic not nice..we wont talk bad on u...

The FZ50 minimum focus distance is about 50mm ( 2 inch). Any thing closer than 2" is not focus able. You have to use close-up len or converter. Teleconverter is unusable coz it will increase you minimum focus distance and coz vignetting at wide angel.

Hope this aswer your question.:nono:

@ Cherjier,
Anyway, my first choice will be FL50 than FL36. I noticed there is a new brand selling flash for Olympus TTL, SOLIGOR in German, model 640. Spec is very good, fast charging time, but without swivel. Will wait for new oly's model and more reviews. ;)

Hi all,

Just bought my fz50.. so upload some newbie photos for advice...

I will believe will learn somthing out from here. I had a big problem taking night shots.

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Regards,
Bin

The FZ50 minimum focus distance is about 50mm ( 2 inch). Any thing closer than 2" is not focus able. You have to use close-up len or converter. Teleconverter is unusable coz it will increase you minimum focus distance and coz vignetting at wide angel.

Hope this aswer your question.:nono:

@ Cherjier,
Anyway, my first choice will be FL50 than FL36. I noticed there is a new brand selling flash for Olympus TTL, SOLIGOR in German, model 640. Spec is very good, fast charging time, but without swivel. Will wait for new oly's model and more reviews. ;)

ya..waiting oly to lunch they new flash model...
oh really, that's is great..wondering what is the price for the SOLIGOR..but do they availble in malaysia or singapore???

Hi all,

Just bought my fz50.. so upload some newbie photos for advice...

I will believe will learn somthing out from here. I had a big problem taking night shots.

my.php

my.php

my.php

my.php

Regards,
Bin

Wellcome to the FZ Clan... :)
dun worry..u sure will learn...just shoot more and see more ...that will improve ur skills.
all ur pic are nice keep the good work!!!
by the way..i like ur panaromic shoot..great start.. but words on the top of the building is blown away..
what's ur problem on the night shot?

Speaking about the noise level in FZ50, will shooting in RAW solve the noise problem?

Speaking about the noise level in FZ50, will shooting in RAW solve the noise problem?

Have read some review said yes.
But too lazy to pp using supplied RAW program. It is not so user-friendly.
BTW, 1 raw photo took about 20MB.
The easier short-cut is to shoot in JGP then pp using Neat-Image.

Anyway, would like to hear from somebody who had tested it.

:dunno:

Have read some review said yes.
But too lazy to pp using supplied RAW program. It is not so user-friendly.
BTW, 1 raw photo took about 20MB.
The easier short-cut is to shoot in JGP then pp using Neat-Image.

Anyway, would like to hear from somebody who had tested it.

:dunno:
imho if you aren't a burst mode shooter, one who randomly snap or one who takes lots of photo in a single day, shooting RAW ain't a big problem if it does yield better result.

Yes and No...

Shooting in RAW preserves all data captured by the sensor. The Venus III engine (used in the FZ50 and also the L1 I believe...) itself has rather aggressive noise reduction on JPEG processing. Shooting RAW gives you MORE noise than the JPEG output, but the RAW conversion program supplied allows you to dial in your own NR to balance between noise and preservation of fine details (VENUS III on current firmware has a rep. for smudging fine details...). By shooting in RAW and then doing NR later in other programs like PS is one way of circumventing the noise issue whilst preserving fine details yielding overall better image quality, though due to the small-ish chip size and other factors the CCD sensor is inherently noisy

Hi Cherjier

Just find that photos are soft and not vibrant in colour. dun know if i had done something wrong to the settings?... By the way, any recommendations for macro lens or flash?

Regards,
bin

Hi Cherjier

Just find that photos are soft and not vibrant in colour. dun know if i had done something wrong to the settings?... By the way, any recommendations for macro lens or flash?

Regards,
bin
Raynox DCR-250 Macro and Olympus FL-36

hum......personally i never try it b4.
if u NR in software it PC,u can finely adjust and full control of ur personal favourite noise filter parameter. i think this sure will give a better result than the inbuild NR. but the sensor are indeed noisy

Hi Cherjier

Regards,
bin

Raynox DCR-250 Macro and Olympus FL-36

u try to set the sharpness and saturation to std or high in ur cam?
the leica lens should give u a sharp and vibrant in colour.

agree with ExplorerZ, the DCR250 is great but more suitable for insects or super closeup, if u wan shoot butterfly or bees.....i think the DCR150 is more suitable. DCR250 is +8 diopter is too high for butterfly try something lower with +2 to +4 diopter like the DCR150.

for flash... the Oly FL36 is great, light weight and the size is suitable for the FZ50. but the recharge rate is abit slow..it took around 4-5s for me to recharge when i do flash bounce.
u may wan go for FL50..it is excellent but i think too big and bulky for FZ50. it seem much like heavier than the FZ's. or had a wait for oly lunch new flash for this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.