SBS Transit: She claws driver till he BLEEDS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
the issue of using a concession ezlink card as identification document has been raised in the press before. to me, it only accord one a status of a student of an recognised educational bodies for the sole purpose of enjoying fare concession. besides this, how often is it being used? i am not sure.
use to book a pool table. :bsmilie:

anyway, all this wun happen IF the lady have tried to be honest and use adult fare instead...

she deserve heavy punishment for causing danger to all the people on the bus as well as other road user. than again, what if she claim she is suffering depression?? is it a legally valid reason as like it is mental illness right??

talk talk talk, educate educate educate, after all that, this happen. time to take serious tough action against all these bullies.
If everything can be blamed on 'Clinical Depression' to plead the Judge for a mitigating sentence, den I can go commit murder and blame it on 'Clinical Depression', 'Temporary laspe of consciousness into madness'.

Law which is supposed to be juz Black & White seems to turn all grey these days and ppl trying to squirm their way out in the grey areas.

Sigh....

she's already cheating the PUBLIC transport and abusing the authority, she should get what she deserves. I don;t understand why some members are bringing up legal jargons on whose right the card belongs to...sheesh..
Oh well. Never hurt to see the brain power & wealth of legal knowledge around. ;p

But still some insist on using the grey area of law to declare their rights. Kinda like an 'in fashion' thingy abt talking human rights, civil rights, animal rights, whatever rights thingy.

Oh well.

Second, have anyone tried tapping with 2 cards in close proximity, ie, 2 cards in wallet. How do you know which cards gets read and deducted? Since she has 2 cards with her (actual case can't be verified thru what's reported). How can the bus driver ascertain that it's not the case of reader reading the wrong card since the reminding value in the concession cards may be used for other payment.
Actually I had tried before, that was when I had gotten my SMRT-VISA card thing and forgotten that my normal EZ-Link card was in it. Tapped and got an error message of 'Please Activate Card' thingy.

Removed my unactivated SMRT-VISA card and no problems.

Another issue was when the reader cocked up and when the bus conductor was checking, realised that I din tap (when I actually did). Eventually it all ended up as a misunderstanding when I simply passed her my card for her to tap the EXIT to verify that I did tap upon entering and realised that this wasn't the first case of SMRT-VISA card having problems.

Anyway, I feel that the entire incident can be resolved civilly in a nice way. Talk nicely without the usual drip of sarcasm and i guess any incident can be resolved in a nice way. I'd rather make myself slightly more inconvienent if it will lead to an end result of shaking hands and patting backs on both ends. I dun lose a piece of flesh anyway. :thumbsup:

1. I think the SBS driver is not entitled to confiscate the EZL card unless he is specifically empowered by EZL to act as an agent of EZL (directly or indirectly thru SBS).

The Bus captains are entitled EZL agents. Take note of the sign near the coinbox next time you board a bus and u will know wat i mean.

ha, well said...it's intellectuals we have these days that over-analyses such situations which blur the line between black & white. Real sad....

Now what had happened to the casr in which the boy who attacked the bus driver??
Dats why law these days are kinda like a grey area.

A murderer can commit the worst murder in the nation by massacring an entire family of 6, dismembering them and hanging out their entrails and try to cover his tracks.

When arrested and facing trial, he can hire the best lawyer in the house and the lawyer can be a pragmatic chap working for money and from an outright death penalty and downgrade it into a life sentence.

Sigh.... Hope they'll juz bring back the good ol' Justice Bao days. A single Judge, checks the fact. If proven, straight on spot execution. End the story there and then. :thumbsup:

Actually I had tried before, that was when I had gotten my SMRT-VISA card thing and forgotten that my normal EZ-Link card was in it. Tapped and got an error message of 'Please Activate Card' thingy.

Another issue was when the reader cocked up and when the bus conductor was checking, realised that I din tap (when I actually did). Eventually it all ended up as a misunderstanding when I simply passed her my card for her to tap the EXIT to verify that I did tap upon entering and realised that this wasn't the first case of SMRT-VISA card having problems.

Anyway, I feel that the entire incident can be resolved civilly in a nice way. Talk nicely without the usual drip of sarcasm and i guess any incident can be resolved in a nice way. I'd rather make myself slightly more inconvienent if it will lead to an end result of shaking hands and patting backs on both ends. I dun lose a piece of flesh anyway. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:if only everyone can be more like you... singapore would be a nicer place for everyone

:thumbsup:if only everyone can be more like you... singapore would be a nicer place for everyone
"1 kind of rice feeds 1000 kinds of ppl."

Not sure if its a good or bad thing.

I hav 2 EZL cards that are both usable, if both are detected, the error message would be "multiple cards detected".

Now I actually got 3 readable cards in wallet... would you believe that the Sentosa card is conflicting wif EZL:sweat:

Totally agree about resolving such issues amicably, no point making a mountain out of a molehill. In the end more problem if it escalates to police investigations and court charges.

i am not discussing legality here. however, it is common practice for house detectives to stop someone whom they suspect of shoplifting as soon as they stepped outside their premises. the reason is obvious.

Recently, the Police did release a press statement about wrongful confinement.

Store detectives do not have the right to detain a person based on mere suspicion, only a police office may do so, after reasonable suspicion or viewing of any requisite video evidence or independant witnesses.

could you direct us to where we can find the press statement? thanks.

Recently, the Police did release a press statement about wrongful confinement.

Store detectives do not have the right to detain a person based on mere suspicion, only a police office may do so, after reasonable suspicion or viewing of any requisite video evidence or independant witnesses.

Wonder how the woman look like...must be scary...:sweat:

its is bodily hurt...

if her case is no case, i am sure that next time every women can CLAW any person they like liao!!! :bsmilie:

Wonder how the woman look like...must be scary...:sweat:

its is bodily hurt...
You would be surprised that almost any person that can't control themselves can turn into a beast! Anger is a mental disease.....

HS

Dats why law these days are kinda like a grey area.

A murderer can commit the worst murder in the nation by massacring an entire family of 6, dismembering them and hanging out their entrails and try to cover his tracks.

When arrested and facing trial, he can hire the best lawyer in the house and the lawyer can be a pragmatic chap working for money and from an outright death penalty and downgrade it into a life sentence.

Sigh.... Hope they'll juz bring back the good ol' Justice Bao days. A single Judge, checks the fact. If proven, straight on spot execution. End the story there and then. :thumbsup:

or they can just do it the modern chinese way: Firing Squad :bsmilie:

agree, people need to develop a better understanding and empathy for others...Have had too many incidents happen, making me sian.

You can get wack untill your teeth drop and the police also do nothing, dont know what is happening now. Talking about human rights, now no rights already like that, wont it be worst if SIN follow strictly to it??? Even more gray card to use liao :sweat: I am Just wondering...As for the girl, Violence cannot solve anything. What she had done just show that she 沒家教, when ever she is not happy then can use force....play gangster haizzz....;(

or they can just do it the modern chinese way: Firing Squad :bsmilie:
U know what? I'm not joking, I'm all in favour of firing squad for the following crimes:
- Rape
- Murder
- Corruption

These are the 3 primary offences qualified for firing squad in China I believe.

Anymore to add onto the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.