SB600 (why so much price difference in different shops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
Was thinking to buy SB600 checked about 9 shops and all of them have different price :confused:.
Cheaper is 375 and Expensive is 469.
Did anyone bought this flash recently and want to share how much he/she did paid for flash?

Was thinking to buy SB600 checked about 9 shops and all of them have different price :confused:.
Did anyone bought this flash recently and want to share how much he/she did paid for flash?

IIRC, SB-600 should cost less than $400 unless the price has gone up so much lately..

IIRC, SB-600 should cost less than $400 unless the price has gone up so much lately..
I checked harvey norman (about 5 different outlets) and all of them have different price lowest 399 and highest 469. When i asked them how come different store have different price they said no it is same :think:.
I bought my camera from Harvey so was thinking to get flash with 5 year warranty ;p.

its the same cost price across all HN.

its just how much they mark up. I believe any extras affects their commission.

Get from "trusted shops" in cs better.

the price i got it was lower then your lowest price leh...

its the same cost price across all HN.

its just how much they mark up. I believe any extras affects their commission.

Get from "trusted shops" in cs better.

HN do not mark up. They only follow the recommended retail price prescribed by Nikon. It's actually the other shops reducing their margins.

HN do not mark up. They only follow the recommended retail price prescribed by Nikon. It's actually the other shops reducing their margins.

But can how come there can be different price within different stores of HN? as i mentioned lowest offer was 399 and highest 469 (i checked at 4 different HN store).
Anyway today i bought @ 380.

got my sb600 just over the national day period....$335.
Joy electromart or something @ funan

Should have told yesterday, i checked quite a few shops and this was the least price. Anyway i am happy.

But can how come there can be different price within different stores of HN? as i mentioned lowest offer was 399 and highest 469 (i checked at 4 different HN store).
Anyway today i bought @ 380.

I think HN (and maybe Challenger) practices variable commission based on the margin of their products. There have been cases when the sales persons are able lower the price. I don't know the mechanism because I seldom buy from HN.

Last edited:
I think HN (and maybe Challenger) practices variable commission based on the margin of their products. There have been cases when the sales person are able lower the price. I don't know the mechanism because I seldom buy from HN.
I was thinking to get 4 year extended warranty for lens and flash but HN staff said no extended warranty for flash and lens so i bought from Funan.

Hey Rezz, this is a nice price! I hope its still available :thumbsup:

I was thinking to get 4 year extended warranty for lens and flash but HN staff said no extended warranty for flash and lens so i bought from Funan.

i think no more extended warranty for accessories. only camera / camera with kit lens have the option for extended warranty

I called today. Price is still $335. W/ GST: $350.

GST?....they charge me without....recommended a friend over the weekend, price went up a bit, $340 nett.

Challenger funan 299. Just got 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.