Saturday Starbucks Buddy Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vietcong-Starbucks-Remix.jpg

This was the first document that I saw a police chief actually shot down a Veitcong on his head and he just fell over.

A stark image of a person killing another one in real life. It stays with me for a long time.

Another one is the Eugene Smith's black and white photo of a Japanese mother bathing her deformed daughter cause by mercury poisoning.

If this thread serves any good at all it is to reminds us about death and misery and tragedy and our human compassion for the less fortunate ones. :cry:

Here's the real photo:

3-3.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for someone who can:
- hold great conversations - still can pass unless you want to talk about chim topics
- people-watch - yes i do but lately no time for time cos running ard sg with my new camera
- hang out for hours at coffee joints like Starbucks, over a ciggie or few (not limited to only this activity. going to gigs, museums, photography trips are great too, to name a few). - i don't smoke and no coffee for me though i like the blackcurrant rasberry drink at starbucks.
- teach me photography and perhaps go shoot with me every now and then. I do enjoy this and am still amateurish, so I'm welcome to learning from someone. - noob too

Preferably looking for someone who is:
- English speaking. - singlish can?
- Interested in art/photography/writing. - only keen in photography, not an artsy person, good at flaming ppl online though
- Good music taste is a must. Definition of good music: towards the alternative/rock genre, and the occasional electronica. - all sort of music is fine but i doubt think i pass your standards
- Aged between 19 - 29. - ok 1 more mth and i will pass your passing age. i will be 30 :cry:
- Preferably single, or in a very independent non-possessive relationship. - YES I AM SINGLE! not looking at r/s now, enjoying my singlehood.
- Good sense of humour. - if you find my funny, then perhaps i do have a sense of humour.
- Possesses wit and intelligence (Lameness is okay but not too often). - i think i am lame.

- Good listener. - ok i can sit still and listen
- Trustworthy, loyal, and non-judgemental. - trustworthy i am not, loyal depends on what level, i can be judgemental when i need to
- Loners welcome. I'm pretty much a loner too :) - yes currently a LONER.
- Homosexuals welcome too. - i only interested in gals :lovegrin:

Don't bother if you are:
- Looking for a one-night-stand, bootie call, or anything sexual/romance related. I'm attached and happy. - ok i will bear this in mind lolz but no worries, i got someone in mind now but just no courage to start and besides i am enjoying singlehood now.
- A religious extremist. - i am a free thinker though my nric states i am a buddhist, but i eat beef.
- Rigid and uptight. - i dun know about this?
- Going to ask me to club or party. I'm pretty sick of that! - i club once a blue moon

-----

so i pass? :X

Last edited:
I must say, the replies were a lot more entertaining than the original post.

Not that the original post wasn't entertaining.

My take,
---------------------------------

Looking for someone who can:
- hold great conversations - With an additional long gaps of silence included for free!
- people-watch - I don't watch people, people watch me!
- hang out for hours at coffee joints like Starbucks, over a ciggie or few (not limited to only this activity. going to gigs, museums, photography trips are great too, to name a few). - Coffee And Ciggies®
- teach me photography and perhaps go shoot with me every now and then. I do enjoy this and am still amateurish, so I'm welcome to learning from someone. - I can teach you photography and how to shoot with waterguns at the pool Really great fun!

Preferably looking for someone who is:
- English speaking. - England can?
- Interested in art/photography/writing. - You got me on the spot!
- Good music taste is a must. Definition of good music: towards the alternative/rock genre, and the occasional electronica. - NO, STRICTLY Trance, Minimalist and Dance ONLY.
- Aged between 19 - 29. - 17! Hooray
- Preferably single, or in a very independent non-possessive relationship. - I have a relationship with my camera named Michelle 4-2, does that count?
- Good sense of humour. - YEAH I AM SO FUNNEH HAHAHAHA.
- Possesses wit and intelligence (Lameness is okay but not too often). - What if I'm really lame? (unable to walk)
- Good listener. - Need hearing aids
- Trustworthy, loyal, and non-judgemental. - Sure I am, wait, actually, yeah, erm, no, wait! Yes!
- Loners welcome. I'm pretty much a loner too :) - I have 57,000 friends on facebook!
- Homosexuals welcome too. - I'm Tri-sexual, does that bother you?

Don't bother if you are:
- Looking for a one-night-stand, bootie call, or anything sexual/romance related. I'm attached and happy. - What if I'm looking for a seven-night stand?
- A religious extremist. - YEAH LORD FLOYD! I WORSHIP YU
- Rigid and uptight. - Flaccid and jelly-like
- Going to ask me to club or party. I'm pretty sick of that! - What? You don't enjoy clubbing your friends with a club or birthday parties?

--------------

I don't think I'm acceptable enough, aite matey?

Last edited:
This was the first document that I saw a police chief actually shot down a Veitcong on his head and he just fell over.

A stark image of a person killing another one in real life. It stays with me for a long time.

Another one is the Eugene Smith's black and white photo of a Japanese mother bathing her deformed daughter cause by mercury poisoning.

If this thread serves any good at all it is to reminds us about death and misery and tragedy and our human compassion for the less fortunate ones. :cry:

Here's the real photo:

3-3.jpg

I remember looking at a shot about a boy dying under a tree and up on that very tree, was a Vulture. Anyone know who took that photograph?

I remember looking at a shot about a boy dying under a tree and up on that very tree, was a Vulture. Anyone know who took that photograph?

I can only find this one by Kevin Carter. It's equally depressing. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat him:

wanting_a_meal.jpg

Last edited:
I can only find this one by Kevin Carter. It's equally depressing. The vulture is waiting for the child to die so that it can eat him:

Not that, but somewhat like that. I remember the dead tree at the center of the photograph.
Anyways nice find.

I should look at Salgado's pictures again ... Have an oversized book on the floor called An Uncertain Grace, beautiful pictures.

You guys try too hard :p

Channel 5 pls

Huh what Channel 5.How come here can change channel want?:think:

Means translate to english pls, not all of us here speak chinese wat

Boh her hae mah ho.

三分天注定,
七分靠打拼,
爱拼才会赢!

Translation!

Channel 5 pls

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boh her hae mah ho.
No fish..., prawn also good.

三分天注定,
七分靠打拼,
爱拼才会赢!

Must piah then will strike.

Say lar,what channel 5.Just tell them speak english. I see also blur.

What happen to that lady,send message here.No respond.Must be went MIA(missing in action)

Status
Not open for further replies.