Sars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Larry
that's the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory... i think in SG, it's much closer, more like 3 degrees of separation only.

i can't remember which james bond movie it was.... but i remember hearing this....

"it's time to DIE!":eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by ckhaos
It seems that SARS hits crowded and dense cities worse, such as Singapore, Hong Kong, and Guangzhou, compared to cities in Canada and US which are rather sparse.

So, one way to minimize the spread of SARS is to reduce the density of the population in Singapore.

One way to do this is the following: Citizens with IC numbers ending in 0 and 1 are only allowed to go outside their house on Mondays. For the rest of the week, they have to stay quarantined at home. Similarly, citizens with IC numbers ending in 2 and 3 can only go outside on Tuesdays and stay at home the rest of the week, etc. This way, density will be reduced to 20% and virus spreading will be reduced by 96% (1-0.2*0.2=0.96).
Just curious, for those who are quarantined at home, and if they are working force folks, who's paying their salary? The employers or government?

Originally posted by ckhaos
It seems that SARS hits crowded and dense cities worse, such as Singapore, Hong Kong, and Guangzhou, compared to cities in Canada and US which are rather sparse.

So, one way to minimize the spread of SARS is to reduce the density of the population in Singapore.

One way to do this is the following: Citizens with IC numbers ending in 0 and 1 are only allowed to go outside their house on Mondays. For the rest of the week, they have to stay quarantined at home. Similarly, citizens with IC numbers ending in 2 and 3 can only go outside on Tuesdays and stay at home the rest of the week, etc. This way, density will be reduced to 20% and virus spreading will be reduced by 96% (1-0.2*0.2=0.96).

hahaha..very innovative...
:bsmilie:

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
erm - I hope you weren't standing too near this colleague?? Me now abit worried cos I met you at SEED yesterday.

No offence intended hor. :eek:

dun worry, i last saw her last tues and i am still doing fine (no fever, no ache, no vomiting and etc. by the way, it does not spread during the incubation period). she has been on mc since then. she has now being issued an order to stay home (she is a contact but not a case). hope she would be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.