Sanyo Xacti CG10 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Im very new here. :)

I hope u all can help me out with the review.

I just bought a new duo-cam by sanyo.This is my first purchase. Sanyo xacti vpc cg10. a HD 10 megapixels camcorder.

honestly, i bought it for my school projects and it is really beyond by budget. The salesperson was really good in psycho-ing me (n recommendg me a 600 odd sony one and this sanyo one). into getting one when my plan was just to browse:confused: and i cannot sleep because of this. Was it a good buy or did my money go to my naiviety? :cry:

I have yet to try it. but i juz need some assurance regarding my purchase. the cost of it was$998 with a kingston 8GB SD card
and an extra batt another $60 (accordg to salesperson U.P: $150)
so grand total was $1058..(according to the salesperson he gave me a one-day pre-renovation price 50% off)

I saw the reviews online abt the price and i got upset. it is less than S$500. but cant say cuz its online right.. so how? any idea? i felt like kena cheated.

hope i get a positive results... or just shoot me even if the truth hurts.

dear all,

i have called up sanyo sg and clarified on the market retail price of CG 10 - its $699!!!
so for the rest who wants to get this model, you should know the price you should be paying. Iregardless of the prices you see online, due to freight charges, rental and other factors, export sets etc etc...

I would like to clarify and urge all that square united cam in sim lim is indeed the top retailer in sim lim carrying sanyo camcorders. As clarified from the teleconversation with the staff at sanyo.

luckily the price i paid is still a good buy.. :) phew...

sori guys.. been away real long. i am very new here so im realli not too sure abt the modus operandi here, so here it is the original receipt. i put up the receipt quite sometime ago in my fb.
http://www.facebook.com/glitzel?ref=profile#/photo.php?pid=3366832&id=710452778
fyi, my atm card was taken as hostage. and yes.. i was those stupid naive girl who thinks the world is so nice and colourful. T_T

Last edited:
dear all,

i have called up sanyo sg and clarified on the market retail price of CG 10 - its $699!!!
so for the rest who wants to get this model, you should know the price you should be paying. Iregardless of the prices you see online, due to freight charges, rental and other factors, export sets etc etc...

I would like to clarify and urge all that square united cam in sim lim is indeed the top retailer in sim lim carrying sanyo camcorders. As clarified from the teleconversation with the staff at sanyo.

luckily the price i paid is still a good buy.. :) phew...

guess wad.. i did call up the person. staff at sanyo. Calvin was his name. he did mention to me it was $699 at first.. and then when i told him the story abt the store and my case, he decided to 'settle' it for me rather than i go to CASE. he followed up and confirmed everything. But then, in the evening... he called me up after speaking to the boss of the shop i had a dispute with and said that there was a mistake and the market retail price is $1699!

so which is true? ugh

guess wad.. i did call up the person. staff at sanyo. Calvin was his name. he did mention to me it was $699 at first.. and then when i told him the story abt the store and my case, he decided to 'settle' it for me rather than i go to CASE. he followed up and confirmed everything. But then, in the evening... he called me up after speaking to the boss of the shop i had a dispute with and said that there was a mistake and the market retail price is $1699!

so which is true? ugh

IMPO, Sanyo is really weak in audio-visual product in Singapore, check out their website, and you know they are emphasising and stronger on home appliances, as in the past 4 decades. I wouldn't bother looking at their audio & visual stuff.

Either you take it as a lesson, learn from it, throw it aside and enjoy your new toy....or

if you wanna pursuit, go to harvey norman or courts, or Best Denki to check out the price before approaching CASE.

Honestly, I don't think you can get very much out from CASE, but, that so-called Calvin or Sanyo management will definitely be more cautious in informing CASE of the RRP.

thanx guys....:)

it feels really good after talking and purging out here while telling e rest, eventho CASE cant do anything since the distributor not helping. im new here and so thanks for support and research and the assurance. this seems to be an awesome place! will be around often enough..:lovegrin:

meanwhile.. i will juz play with my toy. lesson learnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.