Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC not reading on my laptop/desktop

num21lock

Mar 3, 2011
Recently got hold of a Sandisk Extreme Pro (95mb/s) 16GB SDHC, unfortunately when I insert the SD card direct to my onboard SD card reader on my laptop, the laptop does not register anything. Used a SD Card reader and then plug into the USB port, same problem. No SD card folder popping up, it just doesn't read.

Tried it on 2 other windows 7 desktop pc's, this time using a random brand SD card reader and the same problem, it does not register or load/read the SD card...

However, tried it on a Macbook Pro and the SD card registered and loaded itself fine.

SD card works fine when loaded into my canon 600d, still shots and videos all work. I have done a low level format as well.

Help!

Recently got hold of a Sandisk Extreme Pro (95mb/s) 16GB SDHC, unfortunately when I insert the SD card direct to my onboard SD card reader on my laptop, the laptop does not register anything. Used a SD Card reader and then plug into the USB port, same problem. No SD card folder popping up, it just doesn't read.

Tried it on 2 other windows 7 desktop pc's, this time using a random brand SD card reader and the same problem, it does not register or load/read the SD card...

However, tried it on a Macbook Pro and the SD card registered and loaded itself fine.

SD card works fine when loaded into my canon 600d, still shots and videos all work. I have done a low level format as well.

Help!

Oh my... sounds like you've done most of the logical steps in order to identify the problem.
Perhaps try posing this question on a more IT-related forum? Hope you can solve it soon.

did you try with connecting the camera(while the card is still in the camera) to the computer and transfer the files via eos utility?

Still not working, anyone else with a solution to this strange problem? Thanks for the suggestions so far

Did you format your card initially in a mac? My suggestion would be to copy out your files on the Mac and then format the card in camera.
Did you try using just the camera transfer cable with the same card in camera?
If you don't have access to the mac anymore, you can try photorec software from testdisk. It's free.