[samtcy] Consolidated 2 Japan trips (Kansai + One Piece exhibition + Tokyo + Nagano)

409) stall selling One Piece products.

410)

411)

412)

413)

414) Miffy products sold at Kiddyland in Venus Fort

415) Car museum inside Venus Fort (not the same as the Toyota showroom)

416) retail section inside Car museum

417) Car museum

418) Thousand Sunny at Toyota showroom (Megaweb). It's promo for the One Piece newest film "One Piece Z". Which is why we kept seeing so many One Piece booths and roadshows on this trip.

---End of Trip 2 (Dec 2012) Day 1----

Trip 2 (Dec 2012) Day 2: Disneysea

419) Queuing at 9pm to enter Disneysea

420) 1 of the shops at Disneysea. I hanged out here for about 1hr while waiting for the rest of my family to queue for fastpass tickets to ToyStory ride and also another group to finish their Tower of Terror ride.

421)

422) Duffy bear and his girlfriend

423) Too bad the box is not plastic nor metal (it was kinda like cardboard) so I didn't buy it.

424)

425) Saw this on their staff entrance

426) My very non-Disney bear in a Disney shop.
When we entered Disneysea, all of us have to open our bags to show the security the contents of our bags...and when my hubby opened his bag to show the security guard, the guy was very surprised to see this bear in my hubby's bag. Heh.

427)

428)

429)

430)

431)

432)

433)

429)

430)

431)

432)

433)

434)

435)

436)

437) Menu from 1 of the restaurants at Disneysea

438) My aunt bought this from 1 of the food stalls for lunch while waiting for the rest of the family to be done with their thrill ride.

439) And then she bought hotdogs as well. The queue was pretty long for this stall.

440) My lunch.

441) Hubby's lunch. Kiddy set meal. heh.

442)

443)

444)

445) Shop selling only Duffy products

446)

447)

448) The new Toy Story mania attraction. Very fun but loads of crowd.
After managing to get the Fast Pass tickets in the morning (9plus), our timeslot for this is at 8pm at night.

Trip 2 (Dec 2012) Day 3: Gundam at Odaiba and One Piece shop at Shibuya.
While the rest of my family (and their kids) were at Disneyland for this day, hubby and I headed to roam about Tokyo on our own.
My hubby's 2 main requests to fulfill for this trip were 1) to see Giant Gundam, 2) to have Hida beef.

So for this day, we will be going to see the life-size Gundam at Odaiba (which is just 1 station away from our hotel), and then have Hida beef yakiniku lunch at Ginza, then head over to Shibuya for the newly opened One Piece shop and (our fav) Tokyu Hands, and then in the evening return to Odaiba to see the Gundam illumination show.

Apologies to those not interested in Gundam nor One Piece, because it's going to be a Gundam/One Piece-filled entry for this day.

449) Immediately upon exiting from Tokyo Teleport station at Odaiba, we see the Strawhats crew greeting us at the exit. By the way, the new One Piece film "Z" is out on Dec 15 at Japan so there's ALOT of One Piece roadshows going around in Japan (esp Tokyo) from Dec 2012 to Jan 2013.

450) Divercity at Odaiba

451) One Piece film's main characters- "Z" and "Luffy"

452)

453)

454)

455) Huge feet

456)

457) Gundam shop just behind the lifesize Gundam

458) Gundam cafe

459)

460)

Very interesting series. Will be going to Kansai region later on this year, any highly recommended places for a 10 days trip?

Very interesting series. Will be going to Kansai region later on this year, any highly recommended places for a 10 days trip?

I suggest...
(option 1)
Day 1: Singapore to Osaka
Day 2: Osaka (Universal Studios)
Day 3: Osaka (explore rest of Osaka)
Day 4: Day trip to Kobe, stay at Osaka
Day 5 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 1, 7000yen for 4 days) : Day trip to Nara, stay at Osaka
Day 6 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 2) : Day trip to Okayama, stay at Osaka (Kurashiki, Okayama castle, Korakuen)
Day 7 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 3) : Osaka to Kyoto, stay at Kyoto (Arashiyama, Fushimi Inari)
Day 8 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 4) : Day trip to Hikone, stay at Kyoto
Day 9: Kyoto
Day 10 (JR Kansai Area Pass 1 day 2000yen for Haruka Express non-reserved seat) : Kyoto to Kansai Airport (via Haruka Express), then Kansai Airport to Singapore.

Or if you don't mind spending more on transport (getting 7day Nationwide JR Pass, 28300yen):
Day 2: Osaka
Day 3 (JR Pass day 1) : Osaka to Hiroshima, stay at Hiroshima
Day 4 (JR Pass day 2) : Day trip to Miyajima, stay at Hiroshima
Day 5 (JR Pass day 3) : Hiroshima to Okayama
Day 6 (JR Pass day 4) : Okayama to Kobe
Day 7 (JR Pass day 5) : Kobe to Takayama (via Nagoya) *either go Shirakawa-go from Takayama on this afternoon or following morning. If you take 6:51am Shinkansen out from Shin-Kobe station, you should be able to catch Wide View Hida Ltd Exp train #3 to Takayama from Nagoya and arrive at Takayama at 1055am
Day 8 (JR Pass day 6) : Takayama to Kyoto (via Nagoya)
Day 9 (JR Pass day 7) : Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto to Kansai Airport
(If you want 1 more day at Kyoto, then skip the extra night at Hiroshima, or maybe give up either Okayama or Kobe)

Or you can maybe see my Japan (Jul 2011) thread for more ideas since I went to Hiroshima/Miyajima/Kobe/Osaka/Takayama/Kyoto on that trip.

Last edited:
I suggest...
(option 1: using JR
Day 2: Osaka (Universal Studios)
Day 3: Osaka (explore rest of Osaka)
Day 4: Day trip to Kobe, stay at Osaka
Day 5 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 1, 7000yen for 4 days) : Day trip to Nara, stay at Osaka
Day 6 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 2) : Day trip to Okayama, stay at Osaka (Kurashiki, Okayama castle, Korakuen)
Day 7 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 3) : Osaka to Kyoto, stay at Kyoto (Arashiyama, Fushimi Inari)
Day 8 (JR Kansai Area Wide Pass day 4) : Day trip to Hikone, stay at Kyoto
Day 9: Kyoto
Day 10 (JR Kansai Area Pass 1 day 2000yen for Haruka Express non-reserved seat) : Kyoto to Kansai Airport (via Haruka Express), then Kansai Airport to Singapore.

Or if you don't mind spending more on transport (getting 7day Nationwide JR Pass, 28300yen):
Day 2: Osaka
Day 3 (JR Pass day 1) : Osaka to Hiroshima, stay at Hiroshima
Day 4 (JR Pass day 2) : Day trip to Miyajima, stay at Hiroshima
Day 5 (JR Pass day 3) : Hiroshima to Okayama
Day 6 (JR Pass day 4) : Okayama to Kobe
Day 7 (JR Pass day 5) : Kobe to Takayama (via Nagoya) *either go Shirakawa-go from Takayama on this afternoon or following morning. If you take 6:51am Shinkansen out from Shin-Kobe station, you should be able to catch Wide View Hida Ltd Exp train #3 to Takayama from Nagoya and arrive at Takayama at 1055am
Day 8 (JR Pass day 6) : Takayama to Kyoto (via Nagoya)
Day 9 (JR Pass day 7) : Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto to Kansai Airport
(If you want 1 more day at Kyoto, then skip the extra night at Hiroshima, or maybe give up either Okayama or Kobe)

Or you can maybe see my Japan (Jul 2011) thread for more ideas since I went to Hiroshima/Miyajima/Kobe/Osaka/Takayama/Kyoto on that trip.

Really appreciate your detailed suggestions. Will read up on more on the places u suggested. Thanks.

Please keep posting.

461) After leaving Odaiba, we headed for Ginza for a Hida Beef Yakiniku lunch. The restaurant building is located at the green entranceway on this pic. The underpass u see in this pic is a subway exit.

462) Nice hida beef yakiniku restaurant. quite pricey though, and reservation is recommended (although we didn't).

463) Salad (part of the set meal). Hubby loves it because he says it's sweet and very fresh and crunchy. I wouldn't know since I don't take vegs.

464)

465) Hubby playing with his food.

Last edited:
466) Regular Hida Beef

467) Premium Hida Beef

468)

469)

470) 6100yen for the 2 set meals. (about S$92)

471) After lunch, we left Ginza area and headed for Shibuya. This is the newly opened One Piece store at Parco Shibuya.

472)

473)

474)

475)

476)

477)

478)

479)

480)