Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I quite disagree that iPad is useless.

What I like about iPad is:
Larger screen for game (better than iPhone)
Reading books
Using it to do your presentation

I don't see a point of saying it is oversize iPhone as it is mentioned by Steves Job already.

iMac - iPad - iPhone

The iPad serve as a product in between. Android game market is still quite small right? Cannot be compared with Apple Store lah, it's very enormous now.
Yup Android app store is still underdeveloped, but it's growing now, especially the games. Developers are starting to port their games from iOS to Android. But yes Apple app store games trash Android games any time. Except maybe the Gameloft games

I think we should wait for more reviews before we can be certain that the Galaxy Tab is really worth it. For one, the Android App Store, despite its size, is pretty crappy. Too many useless apps, that's what happens when you don't moderate it.

the fact that the galaxy tab has office software and i am able to access its root file makes the ipad useless. basing on features and functionality, the tab is much more useful over the pad.

the fact that the galaxy tab has office software and i am able to access its root file makes the ipad useless. basing on features and functionality, the tab is much more useful over the pad.

Functionality is dependent on the user, if you're talking about productivity with Office documents and such, perhaps the Galaxy Tab is better, but if you're talking about music, games or educational apps, I think iPad is still better.

Also, the iPad is optimised out of the box for iOS, I can't say for sure how Samsung will do with their Galaxy Tab on Android. If they are going to use RFS filesystem again...Well at least developers can solve that problem. I'll wait for a HTC Android tablet though, I'm pretty much pissed off at Samsung and their crap stories, my phone doesn't get official Froyo because "the hardware doesn't support it", but I'm running Froyo on it now, so that story is out of the window.

Get a china tablet pc. hahaha.

When the iPad was first demonstrated, it was demonstrated with the iWork office suite. There are also two other office packages and a myriad of utility software.

Your facts are a lack of knowledge.

I quite disagree that iPad is useless.

What I like about iPad is:
Larger screen for game (better than iPhone)
Reading books
Using it to do your presentation

I can do all these with my laptop (except games). Cheaper and more affordable. Besides, people like me would be carry a laptop for work everyday. Getting a oversize iPhone just don't make sense.

To me, all these <whatever>tab is a waste of money. If it can run VMware and all the virtualisation stuff for my work, then I would start to consider.

The iPad serve as a product in between. Android game market is still quite small right? Cannot be compared with Apple Store lah, it's very enormous now.

Whoever say Android game market is small are those who don't use Android la. ;)

there is no point arguing which is better.

Use the product that suit your needs and budget.
use the right tool for the right job rather than arguing which is better.

there is no point arguing which is better.

Use the product that suit your needs and budget.
use the right tool for the right job rather than arguing which is better.

I agree!

People who say iPad is good are people who loves playing games

iPad sucks, can't do office work - the people who are not into playing games, they are the people who prefer serious work. (get a laptop then)

each <watever> tablet suits individual's need. :D

Android game market small??? That's ridicolous... :)

Android game market small??? That's ridicolous... :)

My friend is using Galaxy S now, she told she have many games in her phone.. i think Android have many many games right now? But are the games in there can be compared with Apple Store? :dunno: that I dont know. Maybe someone can enlighten me! :D

When the iPad was first demonstrated, it was demonstrated with the iWork office suite. There are also two other office packages and a myriad of utility software.

Your facts are a lack of knowledge.

oh yeah? where is that video? and will the user be able to access the root file? else where can you save your work? shrugs

but of course how can i forget the little iphoney fan boys will always be so overprotective of it although it has nothing much to offer. if playing games is my main idea, i sure refer my DS lite anytime over this.

Last edited:
My friend is using Galaxy S now, she told she have many games in her phone.. i think Android have many many games right now? But are the games in there can be compared with Apple Store? :dunno: that I dont know. Maybe someone can enlighten me! :D

Yes there are many games in the Android app store, but very few are actually good. A lot of games are repeated, with very similar gameplay but with different graphics and such. I'd say Gameloft makes some of the best games for Android (Asphalt 5 HD etc.), but my phone can't play the good games because Samsung is too caught up with the Galaxy S to care about their old phone which actually has a GPU capable of 3D rendering but without drivers.

Yes there are many games in the Android app store, but very few are actually good. A lot of games are repeated, with very similar gameplay but with different graphics and such. I'd say Gameloft makes some of the best games for Android (Asphalt 5 HD etc.), but my phone can't play the good games because Samsung is too caught up with the Galaxy S to care about their old phone which actually has a GPU capable of 3D rendering but without drivers.

aint all system that run on android able to run those amazing great games from Gameloft? i have no problem running them on my Froyo HD2.

aint all system that run on android able to run those amazing great games from Gameloft? i have no problem running them on my Froyo HD2.
not when there is no proper 3d driver on the photo...

oh yeah? where is that video? and will the user be able to access the root file? else where can you save your work? shrugs

but of course how can i forget the little iphoney fan boys will always be so overprotective of it although it has nothing much to offer. if playing games is my main idea, i sure refer my DS lite anytime over this.

Agree, best games still lies on the best platform... nothing beats that good ol' elite beat agents. :thumbsup:

what a waste then.

The worst thing is that Samsung is closed source, even with their Android phones. Which means developers have to do these drivers on their own from scratch. There's already been a video of my phone running Asphalt 5 very smoothly (not the full HD version but the normal one - which lags pretty badly on any stock rom) with a home-made graphics drivers, but I think it's still in a very early alpha stage.

Last edited: