Samsung Galaxy Tab.

oh yeah? where is that video? and will the user be able to access the root file? else where can you save your work? shrugs

but of course how can i forget the little iphoney fan boys will always be so overprotective of it although it has nothing much to offer. if playing games is my main idea, i sure refer my DS lite anytime over this.

The video is available from Apple. I would suggest you search for it instead of me since it's rather obvious you have no intention of watching it.

I'm not being (over)protective of Apple. I'm just providing a reminder of the truth. There have been ways to edit office documents since 2008 and iWork was introduced along with iPad, having been on the Mac for several years now.

I'm wondering one thing: why do you have to break (root) the Galaxy tablet if it's so great? I use Linux regularly and there is no need to work around it to get things done.

The worst thing is that Samsung is closed source, even with their Android phones. Which means developers have to do these drivers on their own from scratch. There's already been a video of my phone running Asphalt 5 very smoothly (not the full HD version but the normal one - which lags pretty badly on any stock rom) with a home-made graphics drivers, but I think it's still in a very early alpha stage.

Err... Samsung already release the source for SGS. Check out xda for more detail on how to download the kernel (if you really need it).

As for this Tab... If Samsung can release source code for SGS, I am not sure why they can't release it as well.

Err... Samsung already release the source for SGS. Check out xda for more detail on how to download the kernel (if you really need it).

As for this Tab... If Samsung can release source code for SGS, I am not sure why they can't release it as well.

That's probably because of the overwhelming demand for the SGS source. My Samsung Spica is still close source.

The video is available from Apple. I would suggest you search for it instead of me since it's rather obvious you have no intention of watching it.

I'm not being (over)protective of Apple. I'm just providing a reminder of the truth. There have been ways to edit office documents since 2008 and iWork was introduced along with iPad, having been on the Mac for several years now.

I'm wondering one thing: why do you have to break (root) the Galaxy tablet if it's so great? I use Linux regularly and there is no need to work around it to get things done.

that's e problem. need a pad and a linux when u could have it all in one machine. sorry but I am never a big fan of craps. different ppl have different taste but some ppl have better.

Everywhere the same la... Android got "rooted", iPhone got "jailbreak". They are basically the same thing.

But at least Android sound better. "jailbreak" makes everyone who bought iPhone => enter jail which is why needs to jail break.

:bsmilie:

Everywhere the same la... Android got "rooted", iPhone got "jailbreak". They are basically the same thing.

But at least Android sound better. "jailbreak" makes everyone who bought iPhone => enter jail which is why needs to jail break.

:bsmilie:

Nope rooting is not the same as jailbreak. You don't root to be able to install paid apps for free. You root to access "more risky" stuff (hence some phone makers make it hard for people to root their devices i.e. Motorola). Allows you to do more with your phone though.

Nope rooting is not the same as jailbreak. You don't root to be able to install paid apps for free. You root to access "more risky" stuff (hence some phone makers make it hard for people to root their devices i.e. Motorola). Allows you to do more with your phone though.

Is all about privilege access. By default, Android is more open for people to use it, iPhone more closed and restricted. Root it would basically give you control of the phone anyway you want it. Jailbreak basically gives more access, but still troublesome.

Though, without jailbreak, iPhone is kinda of lame to play with. But then, is OK la, I have seen people who don't jailbreak their iPhone. Android is by default, don't really need to root it unless you really know what you want to do. I did not root my Nexus One until one day I was just a bit bored (I think, too bored). I root my SGS because I want to apply the Lag-Fix solution. I don't really cares about the apps...

Jailbreak for iPhone is not "officially" allowed by Apple. Rooting kits for some Android phone can be downloaded straight from Google's market, an example is SGS. SGS is bloody easy to root, my goodness, it is even easier to root than Nexus One (which is suppose to be a developer/hacker friendly phone).

Last edited:
Is all about privilege access. By default, Android is more open for people to use it, iPhone more closed and restricted. Root it would basically give you control of the phone anyway you want it. Jailbreak basically gives more access, but still troublesome.

Though, without jailbreak, iPhone is kinda of lame to play with. But then, is OK la, I have seen people who don't jailbreak their iPhone. Android is by default, don't really need to root it unless you really know what you want to do. I did not root my Nexus One until one day I was just a bit bored (I think, too bored). I root my SGS because I want to apply the Lag-Fix solution. I don't really cares about the apps...

Jailbreak for iPhone is not "officially" allowed by Apple. Rooting kits for some Android phone can be downloaded straight from Google's market, an example is SGS. SGS is bloody easy to root, my goodness, it is even easier to root than Nexus One (which is suppose to be a developer/hacker friendly phone).

jailbreak is not exactly the same as rooting. furthermore the iCrap cant even bluetooth songs, transfer certain files and no external card slot to transfer data. how silly.

jailbreak is not exactly the same as rooting. furthermore the iCrap cant even bluetooth songs, transfer certain files and no external card slot to transfer data. how silly.

As I had said, is all about gaining privilege access. The problem with iPhone, even jailbreak, it won't be able to get as much privileges as rooting of Android. Is still better than nothing.

You will be able to bluetooth song, transfer files and many more after jailbreak iPhone. I transfer song between my SGS and friend iPhone a few times. He can do it because he jailbreak it.

Last edited: