Samaritians and Profiteers in these Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul_Yeo said:
ha ha...off topic until becoming english grammar liao :what:
yeah agree that i went OT, but it's seriously irritating. i mean we all put up with bad english becos well, some of us dun speak as well, but to put up with bad english TRYING to be good english? that's different altogether...

I think it's a case of Cash, Minoxman and LimCB put together :bsmilie:

cuxiaowang said:
Anyone following this trend of late, this is getting pretty obvious of the above.

If anyone who happens to 'ask' or 'finger' this thread, no, there is no main point of this post except voicing my respects for those with good intention to help thin costs or render availability of common interest items for every fellow member here. Isnt that the Spirit of the MOs in the FIRST place?..

Fact these number of items have very distinctive costings thats increasingly transparent [thanks to a spreading as well entrepreneurial membership] - so much so any 'more' that, its called 'apparent'.

then comes Those who seek to rip an opportunistic :devil:

Always, we cant just send someone to the gallows the moment he raises a knife...to cut free a tangled fish - Contexts Vary. so for those yet 'informed brothers and sisters' herein, its 'caveat emptor' --- "Let the buyer beware"!

til then, it will always be "No Banal In My Thread!"... but there seems new versions of late..'Privacy' the new coined term?..:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Someone got a new thesaurus eh?

blimmer said:
I deem it an honour if they choose to use my photos for sensible and legal uses of course.

Dear Blimmer,

would you still feel honoured if someone else asks you for a picture and later claims to be his own? He gets mentioned on the magazine and maybe even get paid for it. If that happens, I wonder if you would see it as an honour.

I am not saying that would definately happen, but the possibility is there.

espn said:
Even if not paid, you should see how some people demand this demand that.

Till now I'm into my 9th MO for the protectors, I'm still holding on to protectors from 6th MO. I have to organise meet ups, sit there waste my time waiting for people to turn up and collect, if you think that's fun, TRY AGAIN.

i vouch for that cos i am one of the guilty ones. :cheers: for espn.

Once in a while there must be some laughter in our lives... Remember the SGD 1000 reward for info on yanyewkay??? That one I laugh until cannot tahan....

hey hey hey.. ahahah.. that is one fine example of putting bounty (order) and never turn up. hahaha :sticktong:

and also bad english :sticktong:

jamestan said:
Once in a while there must be some laughter in our lives... Remember the SGD100 reward for info on yanyewkay??? That one I laugh until cannot tahan....

haha, and i tot its SGD 1000 le... not 100 right? or was it 100? :think:

memory failing me... :bsmilie:

main reason why i didn post here... cos i have no idea what is he trying to say sia... seems like i not the only one who dun understand him, and this seems to be the 2nd thread he started talking about similiar things... :dunno: what he trying to prove sia...

actually ah.. I see nothing wrong with making profits from organising MOs... the product is significantly cheaper, I save money, MO organiser earn money.. we all get what we want at the end of the day. win-win situation :thumbsup: isn't it?

Must remember like what espn say, there will be black sheeps that order but refuse to acknowledge the order. Screen protectors maybe cheap compared to D70 sets.

Imagine if I managed to secure a camera offer at $1500 where market is selling at $1700. I earn $50 from each set and sell them at $1550. 10 buyers sign up. 1 refuse to acknowledge order. What am I to do with the remaining set? I have to swallow the set and absorb the cost to maintain my end of the agreement. In total I have only made $450 'profit' but lost $1500 to 'eat' the camera. Nett loss it $1050. Worth it?

One can argue that the camera can be sold of later on or what.. but I'm just painting a scenario here. It may not be a camera but other slower moving accessories.

~Arcanic~ said:

main reason why i didn post here... cos i have no idea what is he trying to say sia... seems like i not the only one who dun understand him, and this seems to be the 2nd thread he started talking about similiar things... :dunno: what he trying to prove sia...

Ya.. 1000 typo error. Will correct...

~Arcanic~ said:

yah SGD1000 :D

yanyewkay said:
actually ah.. I see nothing wrong with making profits from organising MOs... the product is significantly cheaper, I save money, MO organiser earn money.. we all get what we want at the end of the day. win-win situation :thumbsup: isn't it?

Must remember like what espn say, there will be black sheeps that order but refuse to acknowledge the order. Screen protectors maybe cheap compared to D70 sets.

Imagine if I managed to secure a camera offer at $1500 where market is selling at $1700. I earn $50 from each set and sell them at $1550. 10 buyers sign up. 1 refuse to acknowledge order. What am I to do with the remaining set? I have to swallow the set and absorb the cost to maintain my end of the agreement. In total I have only made $450 'profit' but lost $1500 to 'eat' the camera. Nett loss it $1050. Worth it?

One can argue that the camera can be sold of later on or what.. but I'm just painting a scenario here. It may not be a camera but other slower moving accessories.

I totally agree with you. People have to eat... And MO organisers are still human beings. This may be their way of earning extra funds...

As in any industry, there will be black sheep. Some a**h**** who never honour their word. Live with it...

By the way, you still OK, ya? The bounty hunter gave up??

We all live in the "Grey" world. There is no right or wrong nor we can judge how others behave. Let them be or you can stay away from them. I am more concern with what will happen to me tomorrow than to bother about how people make money.

jamestan said:
MO organisers are still human beings.

Agreed loh.

Anyway, its market forces wah: got people willing to sell, got people willing to buy. Just so long as everybody know why they are doing what (and for what gain). I know I can do/buy certain things myself, but would it be more time-efficient and cost-effective if I go with an MO (organised by someone else)? Should I better spend my time (worrying about finding suppliers/ordering overseas/ensuring my purchase is big enough to defray shipping charges) on something else?

And MO'ers really have to spend time orgainsing and distributing. For example, wait at Pennisula Plaza just for people to turn up to collect gaffer tape / protectors etc.

My 2-cents...

You mainly missed the meaning of MASS ORDER. Go figure.

You obviously have nothing better to do so start such threads, so self-righteous eh? :rolleyes:

You seem rather incoherent and babbling. What's your point? Can you re-write in plan simple English so that people like me can understand??

Someone got a new thesaurus eh?

When i started running off this thread, i knew for sure someone is going to inspect my shoelaces, and someone will hope to second it, better still someone to trip me up on it, no matter HOW the thread is run. This is the make of the society, no one is at fault. Able to put them in quotes here only has only proved to the rest of the world as to what kind of a person the post-maker may be. however all these are NOT the point of this thread. That said, that said.

Even if not paid, you should see how some people demand this demand that.

Till now I'm into my 9th MO for the protectors, I'm still holding on to protectors from 6th MO. I have to organise meet ups, sit there waste my time waiting for people to turn up and collect, if you think that's fun, TRY AGAIN.

Admitted again, THERE ARE BAD BUYERS. Then again, assuming discounting the last 3 rounds, it could have been possibly [fun] else it would not have lasted 6 [rounds].

If you know it is costing only $5 everywhere else, who on the right mind will get it for $8? Besides, its a free market, if you paid $8 only to later realised u have been shortchanged, just got to blame yourself for not checking out the rates before hand, no?

To elaborate on it further, I think no one would want to do a business without earning some money or benefits in return. MO in itself is a service offered, hence deserved to be paid. :)

In fact your first point is precisely the point of this thread. Caveat Emptor---buyer beware. I am only hoping to catch the attention of the newbies or infrequent visitors here that, make a point to ask around the prices (and the worth) least a couple times before committing to a order.

I did say this before, it IS a free market, willing seller-willing buyer. there is no axe to grind. just be informed that's all. thats THE point of this forum i hope as per in line with its starters.

i just realised something ... i am stupid.

until now i still can't figure out what this thread is for/trying to say ... :dunno:

err ... anyone got cure for stupidity? paiseh, think i burnt my brain over last week :bsmilie:

Think it is human nature. If you see a lot of people buying. You will be tempted. Like if a lot of people que up for a nasi lemak. It might not taste better than the stall beside it. People will still que. :) Buyer must do their homework.

i see.. so you're the good samaritan here that has a good heart to warn all of us of the possibility of bad sellers?

i guess we should thank you?

u know.. the CONTENT of your post is fine, it's your DELIVERY of it that's getting to most pple here, buyer OR seller...

meepokman said:
Dear Blimmer,

would you still feel honoured if someone else asks you for a picture and later claims to be his own? He gets mentioned on the magazine and maybe even get paid for it. If that happens, I wonder if you would see it as an honour.

I am not saying that would definately happen, but the possibility is there.

I agree there is this possibility but I'll rather hand over the picture as a gesture of goodwill and trusting the person to use it for non-commericial purposes than to distrust everyone and think about the profit I "may" make from that particular picture.

Yes, I may get ripped off once in a while by unscrupulous people but from what I've experienced, the number of genuine people far outweighs the occasional black sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.