S3Pro vs S5Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how slow they are when shooting RAF:

S2 Pro - click....... (wait about 6 seconds) before the image appears on the LCD.
S3 Pro - click....... (wait about 4 seconds) before the image appears on the LCD.

When shooting JPEG, both about the same.

actually i thought it was JPEG that took about 4 secs on the S3 Pro. for RAF it was like 1 sec.

the color accuracy of the S5 Pro is better than the S3 Pro.

Agree.... Images from S3 Pro has the tendency to look a bit 'orangy'.

Last edited:
wow interesting.. regardless i think the colors are nice.. i dun recall seeing nicer colors for this price range. i went ahead today and got a LX-1 for sch work btw

My S3 Pro took about 4 seconds to write RAF leh. JPEG was faster I remember.

oh you talking about write...sorry ;p i thought you meant image review :bsmilie: for writing JPEG should be faster - like writing 2meg+ file compared to 25meg RAF.

for click and wait for image to appear i can't remember. i only remember RAF takes 13 secs to write to CF card, 13 secs to write to M-type XD card, 6 secs to write to H-type XD card. and if you fire a burst you want 37 secs for the buffer to clear before can shoot again. :sweat:

Last edited:
oh you talking about write...sorry ;p i thought you meant image review :bsmilie: for writing JPEG should be faster - like writing 2meg+ file compared to 25meg RAF.

for click and wait for image to appear i can't remember. i only remember RAF takes 13 secs to write to CF card, 13 secs to write to M-type XD card, 6 secs to write to H-type XD card. and if you fire a burst you want 37 secs for the buffer to clear before can shoot again. :sweat:

13sec wth... you kidding me... :x img u shoot wedding haha... "wait ah, my cam still buffering!!!" lol

13sec wth... you kidding me... :x img u shoot wedding haha... "wait ah, my cam still buffering!!!" lol

no joke...fire a burst of 3 RAFs and you can twiddle thumbs.

but luckily the S3 Pro is good to go with JPEGs :thumbsup:

Last edited:
i only remember RAF takes 13 secs to write to CF card, 13 secs to write to M-type XD card, 6 secs to write to H-type XD card. and if you fire a burst you want 37 secs for the buffer to clear before can shoot again. :sweat:

Did you have the buffer upgraded then?

Yes, I remember it was dead slow before the upgrade.

no joke...fire a burst of 3 RAFs and you can twiddle thumbs.

but luckily the S3 Pro is good to go with JPEGs :thumbsup:

aiyoo... ok i gtg slp.. tmr first day of my internship. cya ard at Seeing RED!!!

So you are officially an intern tomorrow. Good luck in your job. ;)

thanks.. i be doing on site job like bangala :D i think dealign with control engineering at IR resorts loh

Highly-educated, photo-shooting, fair-skinned Bangala. ;)

yea.. not to mention OT :( times ar bad good thing got job!!! thou shall not complain. cya uncles!!

yea.. not to mention OT :( times ar bad good thing got job!!! thou shall not complain. cya uncles!!

Bro, take care and be good. :cool:

Stay out of trouble and office politics.

Here is an update of the writing speed of the S3 Pro - [FONT=arial,helvetica]1.5 seconds at 6MP, 2 seconds at 12MP and 10 seconds shooting RAF (before buffer upgrade).

After buffer upgrade, it took approximately 4 to 6 seconds for RAF.

Media used was a Lexar 2GB CF card.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Can anyone advise the cost of buffer upgrade for S3 Pro?
Where is it done?
Thanks!

not sure if it is still offered by fuji. if i recall it was around $600. you have to send in to fuji.

Yes, around there.

I paid them close to S$800, including sensor cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.