S100 Availability

Is the S100 already available in S'pore?

S100 would be available around Nov according to Canon's website.

canon said:
Price & Availability
The PowerShot SX40 HS is available now at authorized Canon dealers at the recommended retail price of S$749. The PowerShot S100 will be available in early November. Price to be announced.

ref: News and press - Latest News - digital-cameras - Canon Introduces the PowerShot S100 and PowerShot SX40 HS Featuring the New DIGIC 5 Image Processor - Canon Singapore

Last edited:
some stores in the US have started selling this already.

The S100 is going to be the real upgrade to the S90, so looking forward to this. The s95's are now being cleared at ~US350 in the US. good to grab one while you can.

The question is price... previously the S95 went for <$600. In the US S100 is retailed at USD429... so should be below SGD600.

The question is price... previously the S95 went for <$600. In the US S100 is retailed at USD429... so should be below SGD600.

Might not be the case. You forget to calculate import tax and GST. This is one reason when you buy lenses and cameras from Hongkong and sometime in US, you can get it cheaper and the price difference might be as high as S$2XX.

if i am not wrong singapore does not have import tax right?
nevertheless one cannot be sure about sg sony pricing as we've seen.
but thanks to the internet and global logisitics, a lot of forumers are now getting cameras, lenses and accesories from various sources - internet direct, JB, PI.... I think Sony SG will be looking at their pricing closely to ensure they don't lose out.

metalgear said:
if i am not wrong singapore does not have import tax right?
nevertheless one cannot be sure about sg sony pricing as we've seen.
but thanks to the internet and global logisitics, a lot of forumers are now getting cameras, lenses and accesories from various sources - internet direct, JB, PI.... I think Sony SG will be looking at their pricing closely to ensure they don't lose out.

I don't think so, they rather don't sell anything at all here. Singapore is too small.

Nope... no matter how small... there is still a market and they can still rip off from this market. One way of doing is that anything bought not from this country as local sets will be consider grey sets and no warranty will be given.

This is a tactics that had put off many people into buying from the internet...

And just check... (my fault) singapore don't have a import tax... but have GST still.

Not sure about Japan but Bestbuy in the US has it in case you have friends or relatives there.

actually tying in a vacation to for shopping and to buy cameras wouldn't be a bad thing considering the strength of the SGD.

Any bros got news when sgp stock arriving? Its still not on canon sg website, though it seems some other countries are already enjoying the cam now.

Based on what was said by shops in SG & HK, its not in Asia yet & don't know when it will arrive.
How about S95 - prices have gone down?

I was told that it should be in by end of the year. If I have to guess should be before the christmas period to target the shoppers.

I called John 3:16 at Funan last thursday and they told me they expect it to be available near the coming computer fair. Hope they are right.

Last edited:
inxoxni said:
I called John 3:16 at Funan last thursday and they told me they expect it to be available near the coming computer fair. Hope they are right.
When should that be?

checked with authorised canon dealers, they either clueless or under gag orders.....
as they indicated that s100 shld be coming in the Nov IT Fair (24 - 27 Nov) and none can 100% confirm :angry:

I just came back from a biz trip from KL and they have indicated that S100 is already loaded in their ordering catalogs but price is not available yet (u can see the same in MY Canon Website).

Amazon = Stocks not available
Bestbuy = USD 428

WHO IS COMING BACK FROM US & CAN BUY FOR ME ???? email me at kosong_81@hotmail.com