S1/S2/S3 pics. thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAFRADigitalPhotoWorkshopS2IS022A1.jpg

SAFRA Photo Convention. Taken with S2 IS.

Eh? Why are the building's walls blue in color?

haaaa i think... the Yellow light (on the road) becomes white ,
thus white light becomes blue?

weixiang80 has got it. :)

Its the white balance. It looks like it has been adjusted for Tungsten, so the street lighting, which is normally yellow to our eyes, is lit up under 'white lights'. The lights in the buildings must have been white, which show up as blue under Tungsten white balance.

Have a picture similar to this, with two different light sources in the image.

Another Bali picture from me.

673208369_362f370347_o.jpg

I combined about 30+ images to make this 180 degrees panorama. Cannot recall exactly where this was taken though.

Hi CanonS3IS,

The shot was taken in AV mode with a Canon 500D closeup filter.

Hmmm.... 500D close up filter? never heard of this accessory in the s3 arsernal..... btw, i have this problem needing to get very close to the target to get sharp shots... how did you get so close? Also, does the close up filter has a magnifying effect? i currently own the cm3500 raynox lens but not sure if i am doing the right thing with it... so far i find it very hard to get a sharp picture on the cam.....:think:

Thanks for your help in advance.:)

hihi, i'm new to this forum and bought my canon s3 a month ago. wondering which type of wide angle lens is suitable for this camera and where can i get it? hope someone can advise. thanks! :)

Hmmm.... 500D close up filter? never heard of this accessory in the s3 arsernal.....
500D is the Canon dual element close-up lens. 500 stands for the working distance, in mm, when the main lens it is attached to is set to infinity focus. D means dual element.

btw, i have this problem needing to get very close to the target to get sharp shots... how did you get so close? Also, does the close up filter has a magnifying effect? i currently own the cm3500 raynox lens but not sure if i am doing the right thing with it... so far i find it very hard to get a sharp picture on the cam.....:think:
How do you set your focus? I use the Raynox DCR-250. What I normally do is set the focus to infinity, then move the camera back and forth till the subject is in focus. Take a few shots. Depth of field is very thin, so you need to shoot at least at f4 and higher. This means that you will need lots of light, having the flash on helps. You need something to diffuse the flash though.

Yes, the close up filters do have a magnifying effect. It depends on your lenses focal length and the power of the close up lens. Cannot recall how to calculate though. I once tired my Raynox on a 600mm lens, was quite amazing. :sweat:

Thanks for your help in advance.:)

:)

hey cerebus,

thanks for all the help. one last issue, the focus to infinity is meaning the manual focus of the camera itself?? also how far do you think the shooter is from the target. using the method i think you meant, this meant that i would be "very near" the target.:dunno:

Thanks again bro!:thumbsup:

whoa the s5 is out
cool!

hey cerebus,

thanks for all the help. one last issue, the focus to infinity is meaning the manual focus of the camera itself?? also how far do you think the shooter is from the target. using the method i think you meant, this meant that i would be "very near" the target.:dunno:

Thanks again bro!:thumbsup:

Yup, set the manual focus of the camera to infinity. I will go have a look with my Raynox & S2IS when I am back home, cannot recall the exact distance. I normall shoot with the lens at max zoom.

hihi, i'm new to this forum and bought my canon s3 a month ago. wondering which type of wide angle lens is suitable for this camera and where can i get it? hope someone can advise. thanks! :)

You can either get the original Canon Wide Angle Lens with the Original Canon Adapter or you can get the Lensmate mental Adapter 52mm or 58mm from www.lensmateonline,com or the Raynox adapter 52mm or 58mm and the DCR-6600PRO 52mm or 58mm from www.raynox.com

I used to own the S2 IS with the Lensmate adpaters 52mm and 58mm as well as the 52mm Raynox DCR-6600PRO Wide Angle Lens. Really sharp lens.

You can either get the original Canon Wide Angle Lens with the Original Canon Adapter or you can get the Lensmate mental Adapter 52mm or 58mm from www.lensmateonline,com or the Raynox adapter 52mm or 58mm and the DCR-6600PRO 52mm or 58mm from www.raynox.com

I used to own the S2 IS with the Lensmate adpaters 52mm and 58mm as well as the 52mm Raynox DCR-6600PRO Wide Angle Lens. Really sharp lens.

hi bro ,
any sample pics taken with those lens?

would like to see the ones taken by users instead of the web samples... :D

thanx!!

thanks alot! i'll look around the local cam stores for those brands.

Hehe ... I second that. I really miss that lens after selling it off. Well, time to save up for a 58mm version and poke Jim later. hehe ...

hi bro ,
diff between 52mm and 58mm is?

for wide angle lens of 52mm VS 58mm , 58mm can capture wider pics?
:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.