S I L V E R .... at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not wrong, the Silver is worth more than S$500,000 for the team! :eek:

Gold is SGD$1.5million. Silver is SGD$750,000. These are what I understand for the rewards for team wins. So they have to share it.

If its a football team.... by the time u split it, not much left. :bsmilie:

Individual awards are slightly less. Think is $1m for gold and $500K for silver and $250K for bronze.

I was watching the match on tvmobile. I had to alight the bus because it reached my stop before the match ended. I missed the exciting part. :(

singapore.gif

GOLD...GOLD...GOLD...

GO FOR GOLD !!!

~ SINGAPORE ~

:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

You mean the commentator said that the CN vs HK game was boring?

That was what i felt.......it's very obvious who'll win....:)

You mean the commentator said that the CN vs HK game was boring?

Haha, i missed this Game .... but sure confirmed to be boring as the whole game is less than 50 mins for the final score where the Sin-Kor game is close to 4 hours!
Heard they even brought out some mascots to bring some live to the game as well as to extend the time for some players to get ready :bsmilie::sweatsm:
It's like watching those 9.8sec runners with those 10.1sec runners in the 100m race.

Xin Jia Po... JIA YOU!!!
Xin Jia Po... JIA YOU!!!
:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

Last edited:
World rankings of women's singles by the International Table Tennis Federation

#1. Zhang Yining, China
2. Guo Yue, China
3. Li Xiaoxia, China
4. Guo Yan, China
5. Wang Nan, China

versus

6. Li Jia Wei, Singapore
7. Wang Yue Gu, Singapore

9. Feng Tianwei, Singapore

Feng Tianwei has beaten Zhang Yining once.

IMO, there may be 1 upset Match in this Game, but surely don't think there will be 3 upset Matches ....:think:

We should bring more Chinese to Singapore so we can win more medals at the next Olympics. Whatever it takes! ;p

It's obvious Lee JW was not on form when she played..... :thumbsd:

But the new hero made it for them!!

Singapore, "chioong, chioong chioong for GOLD"!!!!!
Li Jiawei was an aggressive player this Olympics, definitely improved a lot since the last Games. Unfortunately, one of her biggest weaknesses is that she's quick-tempered & impatient...that's why she screwed up a number of points during the last match.

Feng Tianwei, on the other hand, though inexperience, she was calm throughout the matches. :thumbsup:

But anyway, 3 cheers for the Singapore women's table tennis team!!! :D

My guess is Singapore will still use Feng Tianwei as the 1st Single tomorrow.. she's probably the only singaporean that has beaten Zhang Yining b4..

Li JiaWei has never been able to cause Zhang Yining much trouble in the past and really cant see her doing any diff this time.. but her play match up better with either Wang Nan or Guo Yue, and has beaten them b4

So hopefully, Singapore can produce a good fight tomorrow.. at least makes China sweat a bit..

LJW should be used to against the 1st seeded, because her statistic not stable. If she wins, it's a bonus. If she lost, that's what expected. But the hero should be used for the guarantee winning points!

that's my opinion. maybe not that realistic...
:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.