rocket blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AA filter is VERY tough... dun worry about it.

Heck, I even cleaned it with new cleaning clothes before using finger pressure.

what's AA filter?
u mean you clean the sensor with 'cleaning clothes'?what's cleaning clothes?
or do you mean cloth?

Yes, the 'arctic butterfly' is for the sensor or to be more specific, AA filter, cleaner. It's very safe but feel it's on the premium ($) side. It does not take care of very stubborn stains though (which requires the 'wet' method). For stubborn stuff, I go direct to NSC.

http://www.visibledust.com/products3.php?pid=3

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/arctic-butterfly.shtml

artic butterfly...YYD70s, are they for sensor?do they make for lens?i dont dare clean my sensor myself.

'Cause its easier to press; the blue blower is a little stiffer, which does actually encourage a more concentrated blast of air when squeezed hard, but the difference in power is not really noticed in practice.

Yeah agree abt that part on the stiffer rubber in the swiss blower. But after some time of use, it has become more 'seasoned', though still a bit stiff.

guess what guys?!?!??!?

i took my 6 in one lastolite reflector out yesterday after hiatus of about 1 year...

it, like my rubber blower, has begun to disintegrate too!
the gold and silver side has flakes coming off it.

:cry:

Actually why will the one with the metal tip be better? Wouldn't a metal tip be more capable to scratch the lens?

Actually why will the one with the metal tip be better? Wouldn't a metal tip be more capable to scratch the lens?

on the swiss blower there's a plastic tubing to cover the metal tip...

Why will the metal tip scratch the lens when the tip is to be inches away from the lens?

on the swiss blower there's a plastic tubing to cover the metal tip...

Oh, that is not just for "packaging" ah? It's meant to be left in place during usage?

Why will the metal tip scratch the lens when the tip is to be inches away from the lens?

In case accidentally "hit" mah...u never know...

The Light Blue one is the one to get. That's right, just one. 15 years still blowing :bsmilie:
Only things are the color is a bit 'warmer' than when brand new and it's mellowed to a nice soft press when squeezing. Not that I'm complaining, I like mine soft to squeeze... :sweatsm:

The Light Blue one is the one to get. That's right, just one. 15 years still blowing :bsmilie:
Only things are the color is a bit 'warmer' than when brand new and it's mellowed to a nice soft press when squeezing. Not that I'm complaining, I like mine soft to squeeze... :sweatsm:

Mine now the words all starting to fade. :bsmilie:

Sorry, since we are on the topic of Rocket Blowers and Swiss Dust Blowers, how much and where can we purchase (original and cheapest, economy not good lah :) ) these blowers from?

guess what guys?!?!??!?

i took my 6 in one lastolite reflector out yesterday after hiatus of about 1 year...

hmm, what else have you not touched for a year?

guess what guys?!?!??!?

haha....seems like u got the touch of death for rubber products........:bsmilie:

Sorry, since we are on the topic of Rocket Blowers and Swiss Dust Blowers, how much and where can we purchase (original and cheapest, economy not good lah :) ) these blowers from?

Giottos Rocket from CP, Swiss from MS Color.

Status
Not open for further replies.