Rich status symbols

I kena scolded by a female colleague in my office before for saying this sentence. She said I got no ambition by living in this way, cannot climb up corporate ladders in this way....

She despise me for saying this sentence.

If she scoff at u again, tell her that ambition has got nothing to do with choosing to live simply and treating people with respect. You can still climb the success ladder,be rich and yet choose to live simply. Your life need not change when you are rich but you can change the life of others with your charities. There are some extremely wealthy people who are extremely low profile and they lead a simple life. "despise" is too strong a word and hopefully someone will tell her 1) in her quest to climb up the corporate ladder, be nice and respectful to everyone not only because everyone is human with parents but also cos she will need them on her way down! 2) 爬得越高,头要越底。

I kena scolded by a female colleague in my office before for saying this sentence. She said I got no ambition by living in this way, cannot climb up corporate ladders in this way....

She despise me for saying this sentence.

It the end, a golden coffin is still a coffin. People don't admire the golden coffin after a while, but the deeds done by the person lying inside.

Look at the famous past historical figures, people don't just remember solely their status and positions, but the things they did during then.

It is a bit sad that your colleague thinks that status and humility is mutually exclusive. Servant leadership does and can exist.

Last edited:
It the end, a golden coffin is still a coffin. People don't admire the golden coffin after a while, but the deeds done by the person lying inside.

Look at the famous past historical figures, people don't just remember solely their status and positions, but the things they did during then.

It is a bit sad that your colleague thinks that status and humility is mutually exclusive. Servant leadership does and can exist.

let's not talk about coffins - how much space can one take up underground, when they are dead?

doesn't matter how big your grave is, doesn't matter how grand the plot of land you lie on is... at the end of the day, you take up the space you take up.

there are much bigger things in life than trying to come up tops in some rat race - that no one told us that we had to be top in, save ourselves.

So many sour grapes in this thread...:bsmilie:

i think they missed the restaurant and shopping mall, with these 2, they don even have to step out of their "apartment" ever again. :thumbsup:

i think they missed the restaurant and shopping mall, with these 2, they don even have to step out of their "apartment" ever again. :thumbsup:

Restaurant? with 600 staff, I dun think that's an issue... :bsmilie:

Shopping? Do online, got delivery services somemore... :bsmilie:
Come to think of it, I dun think the shops will mind sending staff and the items they need over for them to see... :bsmilie:

hot and pretty wives/gfs/mistresses

that's not a house.

So many sour grapes in this thread...:bsmilie:

How would you know if none of the comments came from people who themselves are wealthy? :)

And are you suggesting that poor people like me should never question the supposedly high and powerful?

It is so easy to be dismissive with a simple sour grapes" comment.

Last edited:
If she scoff at u again, tell her that ambition has got nothing to do with choosing to live simply and treating people with respect. You can still climb the success ladder,be rich and yet choose to live simply. Your life need not change when you are rich but you can change the life of others with your charities. There are some extremely wealthy people who are extremely low profile and they lead a simple life. "despise" is too strong a word and hopefully someone will tell her 1) in her quest to climb up the corporate ladder, be nice and respectful to everyone not only because everyone is human with parents but also cos she will need them on her way down! 2) 爬得越高,头要越底。

Except for work, I never talk to her after that incident already. Doubt she even want to talk to me also. :bsmilie: