RH Value For Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys a few newbie questions =p...so when u move ard on a photoshoot u all hav silica packs in ur equipment bags??? and if there isnt a need in alot of space issit ok to store the camera and the few filters into a dry case instead of a dry cabinet??

thnx

for myself, i dun do that. I have brought my gear into an air con room of temp 16deg without any gel for the 24 hour before. Only condensation on the equipment when i bring it out the room. No moisture formed within and the camera is working fine.

guys a few newbie questions =p...so when u move ard on a photoshoot u all hav silica packs in ur equipment bags??? and if there isnt a need in alot of space issit ok to store the camera and the few filters into a dry case instead of a dry cabinet??

thnx

No point, the atmospheric humidity in SG is about 70-90%... so these gels get overloaded in no time...

alrite thnx guys on the clarification on the silica gel;)

Please help.. I bought a dry box, but RH meter doesn't seem to be working. It stays between 60 and 70 :(... Is this normal.. I am new in photography..

Thanks.

Please help.. I bought a dry box, but RH meter doesn't seem to be working. It stays between 60 and 70 :(... Is this normal.. I am new in photography..

Thanks.

It will better to provide your brand model of the dry box.

I read through the forum. Some of you say store the cameras at 40% to 50% RH?

I got my AD-040 recently, and the manual says its around 45% to 55%?
so store at which?

and i dun see no red LED... only a green one that dims n glows brighter as u turn it higher

always use the manufacture recommendation.

Thanks xunjas.. my dybox brand is i-Case bought from Carrefour.

Can I know when you turn the knob to the red sector, the green led will light up but will go off when you release your the knob (meaning your take your hand away from the knob).
My 50L Digi Cabi is like that, is something wrong?

oh no, that means my brand new digi cabi is not working!! sian ah, have to call them no choice

Don't panic, do turn on the cabi before you load anything, A non-aircon room should be around 70+%, turn the knob to 3 o'clock, close it for an hr to ensure the RH drop. Note, a new cabi + all the newly loaded stuff , especially will paper or cardboard will take a long time to move down the RH.

After you are sure that the cabi is working, load your stuff, turn the knob to 12 o'clock close the door and leave it for a day, You will see the RH drop from about 70% to 50+% or lower depend on the load. Then move to about 9 to 10 o'clock, it should stay around 45% to 50% by the next day.

Note, the min or higher RH (fully anticlockwise) position is ard 7 o'clock.

Good luck :)

Did you open the silica gel pack inside the iCase, below the top cover?

Yup..opened it... now seems ok. Now below 60... really something wrong.:dunno:

Thanks.

Thanks.

I'm using the iCase too. Depending on the weather/RH, when you open (even for a short while) the box and close it, the RH reading could shoot up quite a bit again. And the silica gel gets saturated quickly, so do keep fresh replacement silica gel in stock for replacement when needed.

Thanks.

With the load you added inside the iCase the RH will move slower. Do monitor the silica gel performace. If you open the iCase often, suggest you get a small Digicabi instead. About $0.60 a month for electrical bill for any size between 30L to 100L.

About $0.60 a month for electrical bill for any size between 30L to 100L.

wahh how u know one?
u shut down ur whole house electrical appliances and leave the cabinet on only ar?
LOLx

wahh how u know one?
u shut down ur whole house electrical appliances and leave the cabinet on only ar?
LOLx

Digicabi 30L to 100L uses only 4w of power. 4w*24hrs*31days = 2.976 kwh and @ 1kwh = $0.2052 (Aug price), or $0.6107 for the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.