Repair uTough cost almost $200

puny

Feb 19, 2005
Went to the service centre to get them check on the camera intermittent battery contact problem. Staff ask me whether want to change the rubber seal. To my shock the seals cost $90! Must be hell of a special rubber. Rectify battery contact problem cost another $100. the total is almost half of the price that I bought the camera just a little a year ago. Decided not to repair and use until it's really broken down before getting another P&S. And perhaps not an Olympus since the after warranty repair is so high.

puny said:
Went to the service centre to get them check on the camera intermittent battery contact problem. Staff ask me whether want to change the rubber seal. To my shock the seals cost $90! Must be hell of a special rubber. Rectify battery contact problem cost another $100. the total is almost half of the price that I bought the camera just a little a year ago. Decided not to repair and use until it's really broken down before getting another P&S. And perhaps not an Olympus since the after warranty repair is so high.

Actually all brands the same. Now a days for cheaper compact cams, once they don't work, just throw and buy new. Not worth repairing v

yes all brands are the same. i have nikon,cano & sony equipment before and have been to all 3 service centres before. sometimes, the repair comes up to 50% of the original price.

That is totally normal. Its like the entry price. They din charge you for labour etc? Usually, just to look at a defective camera, the entry price is already $100 plus dollars.

I think the labour has not included yet when they quote the parts.