Repair of vintage radio in Singapore

I would like to have a Sansui G-9000. And some Klipsch LaScalas. :)

Last edited:
Hello, I read that Sim Lim or Burlington Square would be the place for repairing vintage radios. I have a Telefunken radio that I like to kick-start. Does anyone know where is a reliable radio repair engineer and how much it might cost? TIA!

Hello, I read that Sim Lim or Burlington Square would be the place for repairing vintage radios. I have a Telefunken radio that I like to kick-start. Does anyone know where is a reliable radio repair engineer and how much it might cost? TIA!

There is no such creature as radio repair engineer in sg. but perhaps a competent electronics repair one. When you say vintage do you mean tube or transistor radio? If tube it might be just the tubes and not the alignment adjustments but if transistors most of them are obsolete no longer in production and hard to find although you can find modern substitutes. There used to be a shop in sim lim tower but he has moved to the basement he is quite handy with simple repairs but I don't know about vintage radios perhaps you could try him. Sorry I don't know the name of the shop but you can easily identify it he also sell record player accessories like needles or cartridges plus the obvious electronic items like amps.

Ps if it's a tube radio then Well Audio in Burlington square that is if he is willing to accept your item.

Last edited:
There are radio repair engineers in Singapore. They are in the military. They do not deal with ordinary commercial private sector radios that operate within the limited allocated bandwidth. Military radios are far more expensive and complex.

Last edited: