Renox DCR150 and DCR250

Hmm... :think:
What is the filter thread of your lenses? The prices varies for different thread size..

I got my 58mm, Hoya +4 at about $30 (can't remember price).
Or get from Dimage (from Mass Sales) here. :D

But Dimage is out of town, so wait till he comes back.

Hmm... :think:
What is the filter thread of your lenses? The prices varies for different thread size..
QUOTE]

Eh.... What is the thread size of canon kit lens????

Hehe i never knew there were difference....

Cheers!

Sorry, I'm not a Canon user, not so sure.
But if I'm not wrong, the filter thread (diameter) of the lens front should be 55mm.

Btw, I noticed that at shops, 55mm filters are slightly more ex than 58mm (which I'm using).
I don't know why.. :dunno:

Btw, I noticed that at shops, 55mm filters are slightly more ex than 58mm (which I'm using).
I don't know why.. :dunno:

Probably its all manufactured in 58mm and to cater to those 55, they have to cut it again from the 58's.

Think so......

I think the MSN-202 is more for p&s compact camera. If use on 500D, what the TS is using, I think there will be vignetting problem. I remember because this, I didn't choose it. This is just my understanding and please correct me if I'm wrong. Check out the website is the best..

very true. Despite the maginification, using the DCR 250 on a 55-250mm lens would have obvious vignettes, which can be cropped off but offset the compositions.

I find the DCR 250 easier to use attached to my Canon Powershot S5 IS but you have to compromise with the demerits like noise on higher ISO and whatnots.

I have some examples which you can relate too , since im using the 450D.
You can compare which yields the best results and what suits what you wanna achieve in macrography.

Canon Powershot S5 IS with Raynox DCR 250

3140642191_c21f57eab8.jpg

Canon EOS 450D + kit lens with Raynox DCR 250
3338001920_bc66b8b163.jpg

3343309151_7bbeb45c4e.jpg

Canon EOS 450D + 55-250mm with Raynox DCR 250

3825850254_e1b391ed6e.jpg

3600505796_83e002df86.jpg

Btw now i rarely use the raynox cause the 55-250mm lens can give great "macro" shots too.

Last edited:
very true. Despite the maginification, using the DCR 250 on a 55-250mm lens would have obvious vignettes, which can be cropped off but offset the compositions.

I find the DCR 250 easier to use attached to my Canon Powershot S5 IS but you have to compromise with the demerits like noise on higher ISO and whatnots.

I have some examples which you can relate too , since im using the 450D.
You can compare which yields the best results and what suits what you wanna achieve in macrography.

Canon Powershot S5 IS with Raynox DCR 250

Btw now i rarely use the raynox cause the 55-250mm lens can give great "macro" shots too.

Bro,

You do not seem to have any problem with those shots....... All so sharp and nice...

So whats your take on the DCR150 coupled with DCR250? Thinking of getting it as a set. I will also take your suggestion on the macro on 55-250mm lens.....

Cheers!

Bro,

You do not seem to have any problem with those shots....... All so sharp and nice...

So whats your take on the DCR150 coupled with DCR250? Thinking of getting it as a set. I will also take your suggestion on the macro on 55-250mm lens.....

Cheers!

interested to know abt the Raynox CM-2000A set too.. any users out there?

Hi All,

Am the one that created this thread and ended up purchase a CM2000A without much advise as you can see not alot of replies in this thread. Let me know what would you guys like to find out and i'll try it and let you guys know the results.

Thanks alot

Hi All,

Am the one that created this thread and ended up purchase a CM2000A without much advise as you can see not alot of replies in this thread. Let me know what would you guys like to find out and i'll try it and let you guys know the results.

Thanks alot

hi.. planning to get tis CM2000A together with my 50mm f/1.8 II.. so is it difficult to focus on the object and must really get hold of the lighting from the pop-up flash? i'm still a newbie wanting to try my hands on macro..

hi.. planning to get tis CM2000A together with my 50mm f/1.8 II.. so is it difficult to focus on the object and must really get hold of the lighting from the pop-up flash? i'm still a newbie wanting to try my hands on macro..

Ok... That was also the first lens that i tried the CM 2000A on. Apprently the focusing is not too bad but you would need flash depending on environment. But you have to be very close to subject regardless on lens. OF course, this is based on my personal experience as i have not tried them out doors yet or on any insects.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ok... That was also the first lens that i tried the CM 2000A on. Apprently the focusing is not too bad but you would need flash depending on environment. But you have to be very close to subject regardless on lens. OF course, this is based on my personal experience as i have not tried them out doors yet or on any insects.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

oic.. thanks alot bro.. btw did u buy the cap cover for the CM2000A? is it really necessary? or self preference?

oic.. thanks alot bro.. btw did u buy the cap cover for the CM2000A? is it really necessary? or self preference?

Eh... Bro, dun understand what cap cover u mean! If it's the one for the lens, then it comes with it :)

cheers

ya the lens have both covers right, got any other caps meh?

Anyway conkey, we have the same camera + lens arsenal hehe. Just the raynox differs.

ya the lens have both covers right, got any other caps meh?.

I also think the same but since he ask, it's either he do not know that the cover comes along with the lens or he meant something else mah!

As for the having the same equiptment portion, haizz means I can't try to get close to you cause no lens to borrow haha " just joking "

So what's the next lens you consider getting??

Cheers

Hi Conkey...so how? any update on CM2000A? how was it? i have the same gears as you do and planning to buy CM2000A coz buying a dedicated macro lens is quite expensive... can youplease share some pics?:)

Canon 500D 18~55mm kit1 lens with Raynox DCR-250 (TS spells Raynox incorrectly)

Set focal length to 55mm and DCR-250 lens is "clipped" on the front of kit lens
Use the center AF point
manual focus by moving camera body (hence my arms & body) front and back
Use build-in flash for fill flash but with a DIY diffuser.

Two macro shots photos (hand held) I have posted here in CS:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590845 -- post #12

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595367

The challenge for me is to get the focus right given the small distance between subject and also hand held. My initial shots tends to have focus on certain point sharp but overall are OOF.

For my next shooting, I wll try out a higher aperture number (as suggested) to get better DOF and focus as well.

Overall, I am happy with the performance of the Raynox DCR-250.

Hi Conkey...so how? any update on CM2000A? how was it? i have the same gears as you do and planning to buy CM2000A coz buying a dedicated macro lens is quite expensive... can youplease share some pics?:)

Got everything already..... Macro is like fishing :( no patience and no kaki for me. My working hours is like .......:thumbsd: so..... i sold my CM2000a and now selling my 100mm macro if you search under my nick Wahahahahahah!

Got everything already..... Macro is like fishing :( no patience and no kaki for me. My working hours is like .......:thumbsd: so..... i sold my CM2000a and now selling my 100mm macro if you search under my nick Wahahahahahah!

Wow, only 2 months! Sorry to hear it bro. I'm thinking of getting Raynox for close ups of my baby's eyelashes :D

Hi,

I am using Tamron 90mm. Which would be more suitable and easier to use?

DCR150 or DCR250?