Remove Sirui ballhead G20 stuck plate

Read from the China Sirui forum that the quick release clamp is glued on to the ballhead. So, it is not removable by unscrewing the bolt...

The forum also said that the authorized dealer can remove the clamp at the customer request. Can TK Photo help?

Asked them already they told me they cannot do it.

DemonicAngelz said:
I'm trying to replace the mounting plate (not the one that attaches to the camera) on my G20 ball head with a Benro pano head. I'm having trouble removing the arca swiss plate with the hex screw because its screwed in too tight.

Any ideas on how to remove it? I tried alcohol already.

Go an buy the solid hex key or using player only

rain5533 said:
Go an buy the solid hex key or using player only

Player??? :bigeyes:
What kind of player are you talking about? Can remove ball head clamp?
I only know windows media player, VLC media player, etc...

ZerocoolAstra said:
Player??? :bigeyes:
What kind of player are you talking about? Can remove ball head clamp?
I only know windows media player, VLC media player, etc...

Oops is plyer

ZerocoolAstra said:
Oh cheh... A huge stretch for me to get from player to plier... Haha didn't even think of that.

Any big deal? Wrong typo only mah, did u help TS to solve up?

having the same problem now. so the problem is not solved??

Go to Sim Lim Tower and buy a gas blower that uses lighter fluid.

Then heat up the area to remove the threadlocker.

Its a month liao, but i guess i will still post anyway.

Recently, I removed my QR clamp from both my g20 and c10. Its possible but I used alot of strength. My tip here is dun use the free hex key that comes with the ball head. Make my hand pain only. Ensure that the ball is locked properly else the ball head will turn while u try to unscrew it. Buy a Hex key with grip. I had one from HomeFix.

Once you removed it, u will see white powder on the screw, looks like from glue/epoxy and loctite..

Warranty doesn't cover self inflicted or accidental damage. Warranties only covers manufacturer's defects.
Hi was looking at this old thread, do you happen to have a pic of the removed clamp?
Thanks
Jo