Reivew - Tripod - Sirui R1204 + G20

Guys, I see the website (not much detail on the product feature which almost all similar on the quality and test, strength etc..) like don't have any with a vertical to horizontal system like manfrotto or benro (flexpod)? If got which Series?

hmm, I don't remember seeing one with the horizontal center column system when i was at TK.
You might wanna head to TK to check them out, and if I'm not wrong, OP carries them as well.

hmm, I don't remember seeing one with the horizontal center column system when i was at TK.
You might wanna head to TK to check them out, and if I'm not wrong, OP carries them as well.

Will do so thanks alot :)

Got a Sirui G-20 from Shanghai last week. That supplier assure me a 6yr Warranty. Is it true? Anyway I kept the receipt and still travel to Shanghai annually.

Got a Sirui G-20 from Shanghai last week. That supplier assure me a 6yr Warranty. Is it true? Anyway I kept the receipt and still travel to Shanghai annually.

yup, mine comes with 6 years warranty too.

To: Man Wear pants,

Bicycle chain lube, known to resist sand, mud & grime to a certain extend.
Not the ordinary lube, one that has dry Teflon.

checkout : Finish Line Dry Lube with Teflon Plus.

Last edited:
Just to check, what is the difference between the R-series and T-series? Sirui says T series is low angle, does it simply mean that the T-series legs can open to a larger angle?

Just to check, what is the difference between the R-series and T-series? Sirui says T series is low angle, does it simply mean that the T-series legs can open to a larger angle?

I'm not sure on the low angle,
but the T series is more compact. the legs will fold 180 degrees to the other side, so u lose the extra length of the ballhead when you bring it around.

I have seen photos of the sirui T series with the center column mounted inverted, are the R-series able to do that?

I have seen photos of the sirui T series with the center column mounted inverted, are the R-series able to do that?

nope,
thats the feature of the T-series. so that it's more portable.
Btw, I don't think it's the center column that is mounted inverted, but instead it is fully extended, and the legs were folded upwards, 180 degrees from the normal position.
If you do not need this feature, go with the R series for the extra savings.

Thanks for the reply. I got the t2204x from tk in the afternoon. The column can be inverted mounted just by pulling it out and slotting in from the bottom.

Wanted to get the R-series because the R2204 is closer to my limited budget, but the legs couldn't be open up wide for low height shots like the t2204x.

Just got myself a t1004x with g20 ball head. After trying various brand of tripods, I feel that sirui offers the most bang for buck. It comes with 6 years warranty. For those who are looking at getting sirui tripod, I strongly enouurage you to top up 15 bucks for a better g20 ball head. :D