Redstone's list of places to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's continue! :D

Old IDH Institute of Dental Health, a big abandoned colonial building, Alexandra Road.

Grand abandoned building at Mandalay/Martaban Road junction, opposite the side of CDC.
Has a tennis court (can be quite creepy) in front.
Last went there, saw the guard asleep at the back. :bsmilie:

House No. 1 Pulau Ubin. Looks like an European cottage. Fenced up. A heritage house.

House No. 4 Jalan Kubor (Kampong Glam), a kampong house right in the middle of the city. To be rehabilated and restored soon.
glam2fq.jpg

Old Malay Cemetery, now disused and overgrown, opposite the above house. Cemetery behind Masjid Malabar.

redstone said:
Yup. Not really far. It's down the road from Kranji War Memorial.

Near the junction of Woodlands and Mandai Roads.:)

Alright, in terms of distant for a Woodlander, IT IS FAR. Haha.

Kranji War Memorial is in Kranji, somewhere close to Sungei Kadut, so its out of Woodlands New Town planning area actually. If I am not wrong, this school is somewhere close to an abandoned housing estate that have either been demolished, or still vacant.

Can you verify that bro?

It's not.....

It's beside a small industrial estate, up on a hill.

I guess it is a school, but from Google Earth, it's beside an army camp. :bigeyes:

Might be used for FIBUA training???? :dunno:

redstone said:
It's not.....

It's beside a small industrial estate, up on a hill.

I guess it is a school, but from Google Earth, it's beside an army camp. :bigeyes:

Might be used for FIBUA training???? :dunno:

On what road exactly is it located? I will check it out tomorrow; pass by Kranji everyday for work and after work.

The road is called Mandai Estate. All the roads there are the same name. Just go up the hill until you can't go any futher. If you pass Innovation Place, it's beside the carpark.

If you are at Villa Francis Home, go along the road perpendicular to it, and you'll see the carpark.

This:
mkr2xs.jpg

:bigeyes:
Creepy!!!!

This is just one small part of the building!!!
The others are visible behind the factories from the road.

redstone said:
The road is called Mandai Estate. All the roads there are the same name. Just go up the hill until you can't go any futher. If you pass Innovation Place, it's beside the carpark.

If you are at Villa Francis Home, go along the road perpendicular to it, and you'll see the carpark.

This:
mkr2xs.jpg

:bigeyes:
Creepy!!!!

This is just one small part of the building!!!
The others are visible behind the factories from the road.

Alright, will do, keep you updated. :thumbsup:

Mezzotint said:
I might passby for a check out again regarding the hoarding. Will keep u updated. Cheers! :)

I went there yesterday afternoon, and the shopkeeper on the front shophouses told me some guy came and even shot him in the morning.;)

I think the next to go would be the old Used Car Centre.
There used to be an industrial business beside the shophouses, now gone.

Well let's hope that mysterical person will post his pictures here, unless he's a foreigner or non-CS member. :)

BTW did you shoot the shopkeeper as well? :)

Oh, I'm a lousy portrait photographer. :bsmilie: :embrass:
But I've shot his shop. :bsmilie:

I went there to do abstract photography and documention (just taking tons of pics to record the shophouses). The layers of dirty flaking paint is very interesting.

Had been there longer if not for some workers who said I needed "permit" and destroyed my inspiration. ;(

Oh well.....
I'm bound to go back again soon. ;)

I was told of the old SGH buildings which will be great for some night shootings. Is it the same place/bldg that we are talking abt? :)

Must go check it out. In daytime of cuz :wink:

Mackenzie Road is gone. The facade has been demolished. But it's supposed to be part of a conservation and restoration project. Yeah right, just like the restored shophouses of Chinatown. Or perhaps there's hope, since it's so near Niven Road-- expats will be lining up in droves to rent them, once the restoration is done.

redstone do check your pm ;)

Mezzotint said:
I was told of the old SGH buildings which will be great for some night shootings. Is it the same place/bldg that we are talking abt? :)

Must go check it out. In daytime of cuz :wink:

There are many old buildings in SGH, some are actually still in use by the hospital adminstration. Like the old sch of nursing, vickers house, houseman quarters..etc
But not sure if we are allowed to take photos there or not, got security guards around one leh

Status
Not open for further replies.