Red Canon 400mm f/2.8 lens

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Spotted today at the Barclays Singapore Open

68232_10151304077691138_1582820069_n.jpg

Holy moly, it's not just the lens that's red. If not for the lens, I would've thought that was some lobster! :p

lol wow.

Yup.. Since Red is the color for Canon.
:bsmilie:

Any technical reason for being painted red?

the only reason i can think of is that red really stands out in the green, so if the lens was left on the grass/shooting beside the pitch, it will be visible and the ball will u fly that direction and hit the lens. :p

Sponsorship perhaps?

I think he is like the digital rev tv guy who painted n shows how to paint his camera..

his name is stanley chow and work for getty image. full time professional photographer that had shoots almost 8 FIFA world cup over the years.

yes. he painted the lens red from original ferrari paint via air brush with the help of some workshop guys. it sort of this trade mark in the industry now.

very good mentor..

Nice. We got the real answer!

climbermd said:
his name is stanley chow and work for getty image. full time professional photographer that had shoots almost 8 FIFA world cup over the years.

yes. he painted the lens red from original ferrari paint via air brush with the help of some workshop guys. it sort of this trade mark in the industry now.

very good mentor..

8 FIFA world cups means 32 years! Gotta respect the guy!