Recommended Macro Spots in Singapore

i like:lovegrin: to go to the Hort Park at Alexandra :sweatsm:

For want of a better place to post this , I am posting here.

Moderator feel free to delete or migrate if you deem it inappropriate!

This is handy , to check the weather before you head out to your macro ground .

It is a real time radar return of the cloud cover extending to 70 km radius from Changi Airport.

How to use?

On the right is the scale of the moisture content (read rain) of the cloud , from light blue(low content) to purple ( likely to pour like dogs and cats) on the upper scale. No return means no cloud hence no rain!:)

rad70.gif

If the hotlink does not work , link to NEA Meteorlogical Service Division Web Site is as follows:

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=PUB.1023.5

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Should be very useful, bookmarked the hotlink. Thanks Sunny!

Hi, I saw in website for singapore botanic garden.

http://www.sbg.org.sg/visitorinfo/filmingappform.asp

Do we need to get the approval for photography (only for individual, not group, not for commercial purpose) ?

Thanks.

It has a field "Title of Programme/Production". Probably only for commercial video productions.

when i was on my way to work, i happen to see a place @ mandai rd, its looks sometin like a park connector, anyone been there to shot before?

Let us try to renew and post new location?

Yeah quite a number of places not updated yet.

Which part of Mandai Road are you referring to? If it is near the junction of Mandai Lake Road, that's Mandai Track 15.

250410_10150268686912154_709187153_8836135_3355757_n.jpg

i cleared de whole place along with starting half of ulu sembawang and central catchment park connector to mountain bike track
basicaly mandai pcn i just along mandai road nothing much, ulu sembawang has hell lots of bugs, mostly after the pollent of de flowers,
as of central catchment pcn is more of those suck tree saps and forest areas bugs

Last edited:
250410_10150268686912154_709187153_8836135_3355757_n.jpg

i cleared de whole place along with starting half of ulu sembawang and central catchment park connector to mountain bike track
basicaly mandai pcn i just along mandai road nothing much, ulu sembawang has hell lots of bugs, mostly after the pollent of de flowers,
as of central catchment pcn is more of those suck tree saps and forest areas bugs

Not sure where you are referring to for Ulu Sembawang. "Hell lots of bugs" will be very enticing to a lot of people here. :)

Which road or junction is it closest to? A forest trail?

on the left of this pic u see the dark green line one heading up and one heading down rite?
heading up is ulu sembawang pcn
heading down is central catchment pcn

here is a pic of north zone pcn
nepcn.jpg

i started @ lower seletar reservour
walk all de way up along mandai pcn (regreted)
i turn in @ K tats de ulu sembawang pcn
walk around 1-2km then U-turn back to mandai pcn as i wanted to see2 look2 @ central catchment pcn which is @ J

Last edited:
here is a pic of north zone pcn
i started @ lower seletar reservour
walk all de way up along mandai pcn (regreted)
i turn in @ K tats de ulu sembawang pcn
walk around 1-2km then U-turn back to mandai pcn as i wanted to see2 look2 @ central catchment pcn which is @ J

Thanks Edmund, looks like it is near to Lorong Lada Hitam. That road leads to another PCN that connects directly to Seletar Expressway, or it could be the same place. Will try to peer in to explore if I pass by next time. :)

Thanks Edmund, looks like it is near to Lorong Lada Hitam. That road leads to another PCN that connects directly to Seletar Expressway, or it could be the same place. Will try to peer in to explore if I pass by next time. :)

great2 do go have a look, i feel like paradise @ there, every steps i take bugs are jumping of de grass, alot of butterflies but all very shy, i approch from 1m away they flew away T.T
and there are gaint phyton too T.T almost **** my pants

sounds interesting .
Will try to check it out .

Thanks loboclerk for the compilation. Here are some sample photos taken from the various areas that mention here:

01. HortPark
02. Admiralty Park
03. Labrador Nature Reserve
04. Pasir Ris Park
05. Marang Trail
06. Sentosa Butterfly Park
07. Dairy Farm Nature Park
08. Admiralty Park, 2nd
09. Botanic Garden, 1st
10. Tampines ECO Park, 1st
11. The Rail Mall - Railway Track, 1st
12. Rifle Range Trail, 1st

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Anyone tried Alexandra Hospital Butterfly Trail (aka AHBT) lately? I heard from a friend working there said hardly can find butterflies anymore.

and any particular areas in labrador nature reserve to recommend for taking those macro insects shots?

Last edited: