Recommended Camera for Wedding photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zqpeh

Dear Masters..

I m hoping to one day venture into Wedding photography and am
considering picking up a camera better suited for this.

I know most people will point to 5Dmk2 but i really dont have the budget for this yet
since i dont make my bread and butter from photography here..

So for now, im looking at either, a second hand 5D.. a 7D
or a D300 or D300s. Im more inclined to D300 as it's really nearer to my budget.

For a clear picture, im hoping to get a decent lens, a camera body for below
$3000. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but i do not mind 2nd hands, so i guess it 's possible.

I m hoping you all can advise if D300 is up to mark for the job generally, and what lens
and brands of lens to get, within that budget.

Before anyone starts telling me that it's not the equipment, it's the photographer theory,
i fully understand that. Thanks if anyone who does PRO wedding photography could help..

Dear Masters..

I m hoping to one day venture into Wedding photography and am
considering picking up a camera better suited for this.

I know most people will point to 5Dmk2 but i really dont have the budget for this yet
since i dont make my bread and butter from photography here..

So for now, im looking at either, a second hand 5D.. a 7D
or a D300 or D300s. Im more inclined to D300 as it's really nearer to my budget.

For a clear picture, im hoping to get a decent lens, a camera body for below
$3000. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but i do not mind 2nd hands, so i guess it 's possible.

I m hoping you all can advise if D300 is up to mark for the job generally, and what lens
and brands of lens to get, within that budget.

Before anyone starts telling me that it's not the equipment, it's the photographer theory,
i fully understand that. Thanks if anyone who does PRO wedding photography could help..

If you go with D300, it is just not the cost of the body, but what it is capable of doing with the added accessories. Namely, MB-D10, BL-4 Battery holder for EL4(a) batteries, battery and charger.

Reason? Longer battery life and physical performance equaling if not better than the old D2X.

Lens? 18-70 Nikon AFS. Most versatile lens for beginners.

first thing, you posted your thread in the wrong forum, Photography Services Directory is for member to advertise their services.

Second, D300 is a decent camera to produce quality images for wedding photography, anyway, Nikon Professional Services classified D100, D200 and D300/s as professional grade DSLR.

third, agreed with agape01, 17~80 kit lens is usable, ideal range for cover weddings, I ever use it for shooting wedding too, however nothing come close to the Nikon 17~55, that is best lens for event photography on DX body. alternately, you can consider Tamron 17~50, a more affordable pro grade lens.

last thing, wedding photography is about capture the essence of wedding ceremony, emotions, etc during the event, photography knowledge, gears and photoshop are just tools to get the job done.

first thing, you posted your thread in the wrong forum, Photography Services Directory is for member to advertise their services.

Second, D300 is a decent camera to produce quality images for wedding photography, anyway, Nikon Professional Services classified D100, D200 and D300/s as professional grade DSLR.

third, agreed with agape01, 17~80 kit lens is usable, ideal range for cover weddings, I ever use it for shooting wedding too, however nothing come close to the Nikon 17~55, that is best lens for event photography on DX body. alternately, you can consider Tamron 17~50, a more affordable pro grade lens.

last thing, wedding photography is about capture the essence of wedding ceremony, emotions, etc during the event, photography knowledge, gears and photoshop are just tools to get the job done.

the last paragraph is what I wanna say.

yesterday someone email me and ask for the package of ROM, the first question he ask was "what equipment you using". It really make me feel not comfortable. What if I am using a compact DC like sony T-serise or something like that, but I produce a nice shot? And what if I am using Nikon D3 but give you a picture that like shot with small DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.