Recommendation for a first time DSLR buyer.

Which DSLR would you guys choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pentax without a doubt.

Buying one is just like marriage hahaha, don't agree think about it thru and thru TS

Aiyo, I advised to buy a second hand one, does that mean marrying a divorcee?

nope, just that when you brand jumping is like divorcing your current ones and go onto next hahahaha

I bought m43 Panasonic G3 to replace my D90.
1 small bag bring 1 body + 3 lenses, still lighter than D300 + 1 lens.

Nowadays so competitive, u will have a hard time choosing.
Good luck!

Good luck!

Congratulations! I have a GF3 to complement my D7000 (which is much lighter than the D300) and dayuum it makes a huge difference for a whole day of shooting!

I just bought GF2 (with 14mm) as a second body.

Good luck!

I just bought GF2 (with 14mm) as a second body.

Wow! I think the m4/3 poison got to you real fast :)
Congratulations on your new cameras.

I voted Nikon D90 but i bought a Sony instead because there aren't any listed in the choices. ;)

Ignatius Yen said:
I have been considering a 60D as reviews of it were pretty good and if I was to upgrade it would be a jump to FF. However the 600D it would mean the 7D then FF jump which ultimately would cost more IMO. However my budget is about $1600 so can't get the D7000 :( Many people would recommend the 600D however many reviews find the 60D more solid in the hands which IMO would be a better thing to my style as I'm pretty much clumsy with light stuff. However due to my budget I have also been considering the D5100 or the D90. Once I have the $1600 gonna go down and molest the camera sets :p I'm a student so yeah no random purchases. And I'm also planning to get a 50mm or a 35mm lens. I have something against 2nd Hand Stuff due to a incident in a previous hobby which left me like wary of 2nd purchases although there are some pretty good deals in the forum :p Opinions would be greatly appreciated :) Been considering the Mirrorless camera though, however due to my clumsy hands I don't think I should.

Anyone knows is the MS Photo 60D EFs 18-135 deal still on?

Greatly appreciate you guys comments and opinions.

Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors.

Buy something that you can sell off easily in b&s with minimum loss.
Why? Because that is a very high chances that you might want to upgrade once you know what you really want !

My first DSLR - 5D Mk3 ;) Learning through the hard way haha.

Alexander4965 said:
My first DSLR - 5D Mk3 ;) Learning through the hard way haha.

Its not hard way, it makes learning much easier though. 5d mark iii is easy on high iso, so u can get high shutter speed without burning your image quality... Makes life easier

Cowseye said:
Admire your determination to learn :)

Buying a 5D mkiii doesn't do anything for learning.

Having an awesome camera doesn't give you maxed out Experience Points :bsmilie:

Ignatius Yen said:
I have been considering a 60D as reviews of it were pretty good and if I was to upgrade it would be a jump to FF. However the 600D it would mean the 7D then FF jump which ultimately would cost more IMO. However my budget is about $1600 so can't get the D7000 :( Many people would recommend the 600D however many reviews find the 60D more solid in the hands which IMO would be a better thing to my style as I'm pretty much clumsy with light stuff. However due to my budget I have also been considering the D5100 or the D90. Once I have the $1600 gonna go down and molest the camera sets :p I'm a student so yeah no random purchases. And I'm also planning to get a 50mm or a 35mm lens. I have something against 2nd Hand Stuff due to a incident in a previous hobby which left me like wary of 2nd purchases although there are some pretty good deals in the forum :p Opinions would be greatly appreciated :) Been considering the Mirrorless camera though, however due to my clumsy hands I don't think I should.

Anyone knows is the MS Photo 60D EFs 18-135 deal still on?

Greatly appreciate you guys comments and opinions.

Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors.

I suggest saving money on the body and spending more on things that don't drop in value so quickly (or things that don't become obsolete quickly): i.e. lens mainly, but also tripod, flash, etc. Body becomes obsolete faster and drops in value faster.

Buying a 5D mkiii doesn't do anything for learning.

Having an awesome camera doesn't give you maxed out Experience Points :bsmilie:

but it does :D
there are no Auto or scene modes, nor is there a flip-out LCD for self-portraits ;)
Maybe referring to learning the hard (on pocket) way... hahaha

there are no Auto or scene modes, nor is there a flip-out LCD for self-portraits ;)

Aren't aperture priority and shutter priority also "auto modes"? Why not get a Bessa R2 instead for experience points? Fully manual, and film to boot! :D

5D3 does have a scene intelligent auto mode la.