Recommend between Canon 550D n Nikon D3100

Nikon's fans say.. Buy nikon
Canon's fans say.. Buy canon
Sony's fans say.. Buy sony
Pentax's fans say.. Buy pentax
How?

Simple. buy the cheapest that offers the most.

since is the person behind the camera and not the camera.

brand is nothing for photo quality so why waste $ on cameras that comes with a hefty price tag but lack in features?

Last edited:
Basically I find that Nikon's camera are more technology more Canon.
When u try to focus using viewfinder, those focus point will light up.
I might get NIKON D5100 instead of Canon 550D. So what do u think?

I think if you are looking for "more technology" then you are looking at the wrong brands.

Basically I find that Nikon's camera are more technology more Canon.
When u try to focus using viewfinder, those focus point will light up.
I might get NIKON D5100 instead of Canon 550D. So what do u think?
Wrong. Canon's AF points will light up as well, similar to many other brands. The only recent entry DSLR I know that does not do it is Pentax K-x.
Not sure what you are trying to achieve here...

Wrong. Canon's AF points will light up as well, similar to many other brands. The only recent entry DSLR I know that does not do it is Pentax K-x.

Other that stubbornly ignoring our replies? :p

Rashkae said:
Other that stubbornly ignoring our replies? :p

Might be busy, give him some time.

recent extry DSLR?

is already Pentax K-r and there are AF points light ~

recent extry DSLR?
is already Pentax K-r and there are AF points light ~
My calculation of times includes more than just the latest model. The K-r has created quite a buzz in the market..

To the TS,

Maybe this is of help to you as you may be totally lost with all the terminology used. As mentioned before, the world doesnt only revolve around Nikon and Canon. I use mirrorless and am totally happy with m4/3.
You have Olympus PEN, Pansonic Lumix, Sony NEX, Samsung NX, etc.. all basically capable of MF and have focus points lighting up !
You need to read and understand what you want, i.e. what will you be shooting, in what conditions etc.. then go down to any large camera shop or HN or Courts or Best denki etc and actually see and feel.

Buying a digital SLR: Digital Photography Review