receive cold call for information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's a "cold call"?

Got hot call meh? Actually if Keira Knightley called me, it'd be a hot call.

Cold call is a call you get from Siberia. You can hear the caller's teeth clattering.

Those calls to the firestations are normally hot calls.

If you hear Keira Knightley calls you, it's me who call you. I do a great imitation of Keira Knightley's voice.

Just wonder, am I the only one? Or is it only happen in the place I work.

Since a few months ago, I keep receiving cold call, which will present themselve as blah blah blah company, asking for you fax, email number, position in company, age etc. Most likely call from India? The line is not very clear and a bit noisy in the background (a call centre may be). They may say they will fax or email their company info, but I never receive any single one.

Just wonder what are they doing this for??? For SPAM? Compiling company contacts? Or what? Anyone can enlighten me? :dunno:

Never never give them ur fax number or boss contact number (if u r in SME).

Every now and then fax u useless stuff and jam the fax queue.

Best is to put them on hold and just carry on doing ur work.

....double post deleted....

I've not done these myself but were retold by a friend. For those who call u up to meet in person, arrange to meet the person at the other end of the island, CCK Cemetery, Changi village, Jurong Bird Park, Sungei Buloh nature reserve (say you are going there to jog/take photos etc) can meet u there. Got one friend even gave the address of a casket company or embalmer to meet. Then dont turn up. Then next time say sorry forgot, feed the cats/dogs/fish/went movie watching blah blah. Or meet at a restaurant then make that fellow pay.

For those who only call to sell you things, ask them to repeat what they say every one or two sentences, say background noisy cannot hear. tell that person, you are busy, call sometime later, say tomorrow. make them do some extra abortive work like noting down your number in their own 'to-call' list. lead them on, they may think they got a potential client, very happy.

Be apologetic everytime they do a follow up call. Repeat until they fed up dont call up.

Or if you have someone in mind just want to annoy, write down his particulars especially personal handphones/home telephones on 'market survey forms'. These will be sold to cold calling companies.

Do these if you feel nasty. This might be offending to CSnappers who are in the sales lines - they need to earn a living too. I usually just say I'm not interested & hang up. Except for one persistent Time Share company in Ngee Ann city (Leisure XXX) who called everyday even after I said not interested, I went down to write down unemployed/retrenched on their income survey form, then ask for my free gift/travel voucher - they asked me to leave then. Peace after that. Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.