razortv - about photography

i sense alot of .. bitterness on this thread

You know at least these student know what they are doing ...
Some student just want it because it make them look cool or something and they don't know anything about it at all (set auto mode ,don't know about lenses ,etc)
Don't tell me just because you are young ,you can't aspire to be a photographer ?

I don't see any harm if the child really has interest and a passion for phtography.

Just to make things clear im a teenager myself , but i did feel guilty when my parents bought me the camera :sweat:
Now the stuff i get are bought using my own money cos getting it from my parents dosen't feel right to me ...

You know at least these student know what they are doing ...
Some student just want it because it make them look cool or something and they don't know anything about it at all (set auto mode ,don't know about lenses ,etc)
Don't tell me just because you are young ,you can't aspire to be a photographer ?

I don't see any harm if the child really has interest and a passion for phtography.

Just to make things clear im a teenager myself , but i did feel guilty when my parents bought me the camera :sweat:
Now the stuff i get are bought using my own money cos getting it from my parents dosen't feel right to me ...

I agree. I'm a teenager myself too. I feel that i'll learn how difficult it is to earn money and I'll treasure things more when i use my own cash when i use my own money. :)

Well im not saying that its wrong if a parent give their children thousands worth of camera gear , but the main thing is that he/she must have the passion for photography .