Radio Poppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are scheduled to be released this week? in US. Possibly march for international orders I think.

Some units were sold at some tradeshow in USA.

They are scheduled to be released this week? in US. Possibly march for international orders I think.

Some units were sold at some tradeshow in USA.

Do you have the official URL for the Radio poppers?I'm also interested in buying flash triggers.:)

Thanks for the link.I am a little confused here though so need some answers to clarify my head.
I now only own a slave 430exII flash unit and i would like to do wireless flash firing in the future.Can the radio Popper be our master trigger alone if i don't own any master triggers eg ST-E2/550 or 580ex?
Hope there are some answers to my Q.Thanks and sorry if i sound like a noob.:confused:

Thanks for the link.I am a little confused here though so need some answers to clarify my head.
I now only own a slave 430exII flash unit and i would like to do wireless flash firing in the future.Can the radio Popper be our master trigger alone if i don't own any master triggers eg ST-E2/550 or 580ex?
Hope there are some answers to my Q.Thanks and sorry if i sound like a noob.:confused:

The P1's will only work with a master, either the ST-E2 or the EX 580 flash; however the JrX series "appears" to be able to work as a master. That's from the video, but I can't be sure either. Guess it's time to send them an email to find out.

The P1's will only work with a master, either the ST-E2 or the EX 580 flash; however the JrX series "appears" to be able to work as a master. That's from the video, but I can't be sure either. Guess it's time to send them an email to find out.

Yes i can't agree more.That is why i was very confused.Hope they will give you a feedback soon.We'll await for you latest news.

If you would take the time to read their very comprehensive compatibility chart, you will find the info you need.

To explain. The real radiopoppers (P1/Px) are basically a radio bridge transmitting the ETTL infrared signals. But they can't generate the signals themselves. Hence you need to strap the transmitters to a ST-E2 or 580 mk1/mk2 master on the camera. This maintains all the functions of ETTL as if it was in optical range.

The JrX poppers are basic radio triggers like any other, able to be triggered by the Px or JrX transmitter. The innovative technology is the ability for the JrX/Px transmitter to remotely adjust the power levels of a few types of strobes, IE AlienBees, via the JrX Studio reciever (basic JrX recievers lack this ability). Older P1 transmitters can't trigger JrX recievers.

Hope this summery and the linked chart below helps you guys to understand! :)

http://www.radiopopper.com/docs/radiopopper_x_compatibility_guide.pdf

yea, count me in if you're getting the Px..

If you would take the time to read their very comprehensive compatibility chart, you will find the info you need.

To explain. The real radiopoppers (P1/Px) are basically a radio bridge transmitting the ETTL infrared signals. But they can't generate the signals themselves. Hence you need to strap the transmitters to a ST-E2 or 580 mk1/mk2 master on the camera. This maintains all the functions of ETTL as if it was in optical range.

The JrX poppers are basic radio triggers like any other, able to be triggered by the Px or JrX transmitter. The innovative technology is the ability for the JrX/Px transmitter to remotely adjust the power levels of a few types of strobes, IE AlienBees, via the JrX Studio reciever (basic JrX recievers lack this ability). Older P1 transmitters can't trigger JrX recievers.

Hope this summery and the linked chart below helps you guys to understand! :)

http://www.radiopopper.com/docs/radiopopper_x_compatibility_guide.pdf

That is very useful, and proves that I need to brush up my site surfing skills. That means I'll still need the ST-E2 for ETTL mode. Oh well, let's hope international shipping gets going soon so we can all sport some new toys :)

ST-E2 is already very useful. It's the fact that it's so good that's why people want to make it better! Do try to get it if you have compatible canon flashes.

Phew. The price is high for a set of radiopoppers... $747 USD for 1 transmitter and 2 recievers...

Yah man, the price is a little high. I mean no problem for those doing this for a living and those who swear by the technology of E-TTL.

Well, RadioPopper is definitely first of kind and they can jack up as high as they want. I bet demand is somewhat high too. I won't be surprised to see massive number of enthusiasts getting this too - taking wireless strobing to a new ground. Good to have la, I would get it if price is lower but I work on manual mode most of the time and very much comfortable with it.

Sorry for my ignorance on this product, does it mean that if i have this, I would not have to worry about the slave flash angle placement and position, so long as flash is place in the area will emit and allow capturing of a nice nicely exposed pic? Thanks Thanks;)

Um its just an extension of the ETTL system, so if you mean placement as in "able to have line of sight to see the master", this it's unnecessary. You can put it anywhere within range and trigger the flashes using the radiopoppers, including behind objects/hidden inside stuff. ETTL *should* have a properly exposed photo, but it may be tricked sometimes to over/underexpose.

i've got a question for people who wants to buy poppers, why choose to go ettl?

my personal preference is actually going manual....

i've got a question for people who wants to buy poppers, why choose to go ettl?

my personal preference is actually going manual....

You can go manual with them. I just prefer to have the choice to go to ETTL instead of not having that choice. In fast-changing light ETTL can be useful. That's about it for me really.

For situations when you have time to setup, tweak, and get that one shot you need, manual rocks.

For situations when you're faced with ever changing light levels and no time to fanny around, ETTL's the way to go.

RadioPoppers offer both options, compared to only manual for PWs or other generic radio triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.