Radio controlled remote built in the flash for Nikon?

haring

Nov 4, 2010
Is there a speedlite/flash unit with built in radio remote for Nikon?

I would like to remotely control my off camera flash with my on camera flash. I am not looking for a separate remote unit like packetwizard. I would like the remote built in the flash itself. Canon has the 600EX-RT with a remote in the flash. You can filly control the off camera flash with the on camera Canon flash. Currently Nikon doesn't have a flash like this however I am wondering whether there is any Chinese made flash unit with features similar to the Canon 600EX-RT.

Sony has this (it was actually created way back in the Minolta days) and I believe the Nikon systems have this natively as well.

I would like to remotely control my off camera flash with my on camera flash. I am not looking for a separate remote unit like packetwizard. I would like the remote built in the flash itself. Canon has the 600EX-RT with a remote in the flash. You can filly control the off camera flash with the on camera Canon flash. Currently Nikon doesn't have a flash like this however I am wondering whether there is any Chinese made flash unit with features similar to the Canon 600EX-RT.

as far as i know, no camera body is able to trigger the 600ex-rt with RADIO signal YET. the 600ex-rt radio trigger only works with another 600ex-rt flash, so i would say it there is a limitation that you can't use radio trigger with older canon flash. this is a good start though but it will take years before everything becomes a normal practice until all old flashes are gone. Nikon CLS is pretty amazing when used indoors, i am able to trigger my Nikon flashes inside the softbox even without direct line of sight BUT with enough bounce, using my camera body as master. if your intension is to shoot outdoors then radio trigger is really the fastest solution but i am not saying CLS can't do it.

Ask in Nikon forum and people will tell you more about the flash commander in Nikon. Though not a radio controller, it is a wireless flash management system.

Nikon has CLS system. It is wireless but not radio.

Moving this to Nikon subforum so you can get more answers.

Yes, there is a remote built-in the flash itself for Nikon, and using radio. Not infra-red like the Nikon CLS system.
Unfortunately it is not made by Nikon. The flash is Yongnuo YN-560 III Wireless Flash Speedlite.

"YN-560 III will have remote manual power control for a number of flash groups, all adjusted directly from the transmitter mounted on the camera hotshoe."
Link: http://flashhavoc.com/yn-560-iii-remote-power-control-with-new-transmitter-coming/

Yes, there is a remote built-in the flash itself for Nikon, and using radio. Not infra-red like the Nikon CLS system.
Unfortunately it is not made by Nikon. The flash is Yongnuo YN-560 III Wireless Flash Speedlite.

"YN-560 III will have remote manual power control for a number of flash groups, all adjusted directly from the transmitter mounted on the camera hotshoe."
Link: http://flashhavoc.com/yn-560-iii-remote-power-control-with-new-transmitter-coming/

Yes, I have discovered the Yongnuo YN-560 III... It is impressive but not cheap at all! I am still wondering whether I should wait for the Nikon version or just get the Yongnuo YN-560 III...

Yes, I have discovered the Yongnuo YN-560 III... It is impressive but not cheap at all! I am still wondering whether I should wait for the Nikon version or just get the Yongnuo YN-560 III...

There will be no Nikon version for YN560-III. YN560-III is a manual flash, which means it will work with both Nikon and Canon and any other similar looking hot shoe. So no auto flash metering, no TTL. Just a fire signal will be sent or received.

There will be no Nikon version for YN560-III. YN560-III is a manual flash, which means it will work with both Nikon and Canon and any other similar looking hot shoe. So no auto flash metering, no TTL. Just a fire signal will be sent or received.

Another option is to use PHOTTIX MITROS+ for NIKON

Mitros+ are the first Speedlight system available for Nikon with full ITTL Radio Transceiver built-in.
You can combine your existing ITTL flashes in the new Mitros+ radio system by attaching Phottix Odin receivers to them. As well as fire manual studio lights etc (via Strato II, Atlas II, or Odin receivers) without adding extra manual transmitter units to the camera.
:thumbsup:

Link: Phottix-mitros-plus-for-Nikon

Another option is to use PHOTTIX MITROS+ for NIKON

Mitros+ are the first Speedlight system available for Nikon with full ITTL Radio Transceiver built-in.

The Quantum Trios preceded the Mitros+ by a few years.

Last edited: