Questions on battery life of K-X

That was my pre-prime lenses days...heh heh.
I went on the overseas trip and brought this lens along plus one other prime. In the end, except for 2 shots from the prime lens, I used the 18-250 exclusively because its so convenient. The following trip i did not even bother to bring a second lens along.
At one of the NDP, to keep my set up light, again I brough only the 18-250 along.
But agree if you want value for money, A Tamron 18-250 (or the newer 18-275) is basically the same thing less the SMC coating but cheaper so its more palatable for those who don't mind not having SMC.

Not sure is the new Tammy 18-275 available in Pentax mount? Any idea on the pricing in Singapore?

It's 18-270, and it's not available in Pentax mount. $900 I think for the Canon/Nikon mount

It's 18-270, and it's not available in Pentax mount. $900 I think for the Canon/Nikon mount

yeah..just checked and the 18-270 not available yet for pentax mount but you can always get the sigma 18-250mm instead. The extra 20mm is not much anyway plus the price would be lower.:)

Sigma 18-250mm will be more expensive than the Tamron 18-250mm, since the Sigma version has OS.

Sigma 18-250mm will be more expensive than the Tamron 18-250mm, since the Sigma version has OS.

The original Sigma 18-200mm did not have OS. I had that previously before upgrading to the pentax 18-250. Can't see a reason to buy a lens with OS with the camera already as AS..:)

Yup! Even after the battery indicator shows 'half capacity remaining'... I remember being able to shoot more than 200+ shots.

i have a new powerex 2100mah. battery.

the indicator will be green after few shots and eventually turn amber with another 20 shots.
then it was RED all the way , but i can still shoot close to 150 shots.
i tried this 2 times with different battery. 1 type is powerex 2100mah & energizer 2000mah

what is wrong ?

i can see CS here , the upfate firmware fixed the problem.

is it normal for the indicator to be RED ?

i have a new powerex 2100mah. battery.

the indicator will be green after few shots and eventually turn amber with another 20 shots.
then it was RED all the way , but i can still shoot close to 150 shots.
i tried this 2 times with different battery. 1 type is powerex 2100mah & energizer 2000mah

what is wrong ?

i can see CS here , the upfate firmware fixed the problem.

is it normal for the indicator to be RED ?

It is not nornal for the indicator to turn red.Maybe you could try other batteries like the energizer ultimate lithium or you could pay a visit to kevin at emjay:)

i actually never bother about the batt indicator... maybe i just couldn't be bothered...

my K-x is about 2 months old and im still using the energizer alkaline batt since day 1...

mine kx was 1 month.. i used up last week..

but my first battery had a gradual battery depletion. i.e RED TO AMBER then RED.
it took quite a while before i hit deplted from RED

maybe i should go see kevin of emjay...

Let me see if I understand you correctly:
- Green -- a few shots (like 5 to 10?)
- Amber -- 20 shots
- Red -- 150 shots

Then battery run out completely.

Assuming firmwre updated and normal use (ie, some fiddling with settings, some reviewing of photos, a bit of live view), that seems like rather low number of shots.

Your batteries are new low self discharge batteries used out of the box? Or you talking about a fully charged up set? What charger you using?

Trying to help you rule out problems with batts or charging first before bringing the cam in.

Let me see if I understand you correctly:
- Green -- a few shots (like 5 to 10?)
- Amber -- 20 shots
- Red -- 150 shots

Then battery run out completely.

Assuming firmwre updated and normal use (ie, some fiddling with settings, some reviewing of photos, a bit of live view), that seems like rather low number of shots.

Your batteries are new low self discharge batteries used out of the box? Or you talking about a fully charged up set? What charger you using?

Trying to help you rule out problems with batts or charging first before bringing the cam in.

i am using maha chargers and the powerex batt that comes with it.
i have existing energizer 2100mah. been charged for over 10 times.

I will monitor again. currently my powerex newly bought.. shot over 50 pics, already in AMBER.
However i have heard rechargeable will not reach their MAX power only til few charges

i am using maha chargers and the powerex batt that comes with it.
i have existing energizer 2100mah. been charged for over 10 times.

I will monitor again. currently my powerex newly bought.. shot over 50 pics, already in AMBER.
However i have heard rechargeable will not reach their MAX power only til few charges

Did you remember to change the battery setting to NiMH? :)
Once set, switch off and let it wait a minute or so before powering on again.