Questions for wedding/event photographers (pro, freelance, partime, watever)

Status
Not open for further replies.
canturn said:
I've stopped opening up these positions for AD weddings for a few reasons and after ONE bad experience.

Had one really thick skin guy that I really regretted getting to help out. Here's what happened...

1. Told the guy beforehand about not getting in the way when I shoot, he was told too observe and learn, and guess what? He went right in front of me during some of the important shots. Told him nicely, once, twice and he didn't barge. Ok, nevermind. During tea ceremony, I had to literally tell him to step aside and stop shooting.

2. The "learner " was more keen to give out his name cards during the shoot, and trying to get business from other relatives and the bride's maids. I told him off and reminded him about his purpose, he ignored and went on to get my client's contact no.

3. The last straw - he tried to hijack my assignment by actually APPROACHING the couple 4 days after the wedding, and tried to get the balance payment of $700 from the couple. He actually told the couple that I instructed him to print those photos and he was supposed to deliver and collect the balance $$$ from them on my behalf.

At the end of the day shoot, I was quite pissed already, having missed some shots here and there. For that assignment, I literally worked through the night to get the photos ready, printed by the next morning, delivered it to the couple's suite by 11am just in case. And true enough, 4 days later I received a call from the couple "How come there are extra photos and your assistant is here to collect $ Haven't we paid you the balance?"

Not saying that everyone's that unethical. But one encounter is enough to make me wary and paranoid.

Might be a little OT here, but it explains why I always try to deliver the photos ASAP.

I call this STUPID people!!! "Never learn crawling, but start running":angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.