Public Area Photography

For me, if i am not comfy having my kids' photos taken, i will nicely signal or tell the photog. Happened to me once a couple of years back. Signalled to the photog and he acknowledged, both of us smiled, then he went on to shoot something else. Similarly, when i take kids' photos, i tend to smile, acknowledge my presence to the parents, and most of the time, they will gladly let me take their kids' photos. If they are not comfy, they will let you know. Then i move on and shoot something or someone else.

So, i dun see why all the angst over such a simple thing and all the insistence on rights and what not. It's not as if the photo is a life and death kinda thing. If need to delete, just delete...life is more than that one photo. :)

For me, if i am not comfy having my kids' photos taken, i will nicely signal or tell the photog. Happened to me once a couple of years back. Signalled to the photog and he acknowledged, both of us smiled, then he went on to shoot something else. Similarly, when i take kids' photos, i tend to smile, acknowledge my presence to the parents, and most of the time, they will gladly let me take their kids' photos. If they are not comfy, they will let you know. Then i move on and shoot something or someone else.

So, i dun see why all the angst over such a simple thing and all the insistence on rights and what not. It's not as if the photo is a life and death kinda thing. If need to delete, just delete...life is more than that one photo. :)

FYI, pros and seasonal photographers will not take photos of kids without any consent given by the parents.

Yes, but I'm more interested in macro photographing at the Pubic Area which is my expertise.