Prosumer Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
somnobulant said:
hey thanks Zaknafein and everyone else who've given me a tip or 2.

There's far too many choices available, & every camera seems to be equally good if not slightly better. I've got my heart set on a Canon or Sony having researched through those review sites. Yup. Currently waiting for the prices to drop a bit & still snooping about the B&S section.

I'm just real worried I'd have no clue what to do with the camera after I buy it. Even reading thru all that stuff about apertures, bokeh & whatnot is kinda overwhelming & i'm not quite sure what it's all about (cos i dun have a manual cam with me). :embrass:

See the Sony H Series whitepaper. Whether you end up with a Sony or a Canon, this would come in handy for you.

karnage said:
I guess for me, what I want is a manual zoom lens, razor sharp images, fast & accurate focus and a bonus would be good output at high ISOs... I might be stealing my dad's Canon 350D when I go back to Singapore. Haha!

FZ50 would be a good choice... heard that the AF speed have increased, and you get manual zoom/focus + sharp images... only thing is the usual noise... :bsmilie:
and yes FZ50 is what i would recommand... firstly to work around high ISO noise, a flash would help for some cases... and the thing about FZ50 is that you are able to attach flash with TTL ability (tho it is pretty expensive). another point which i really like about FZ50 is what i mentioned above about manual zoom/focus.

Owning a S3is, personally, I think it handles great shot for day time. However, when comes to night, the IQ its quite noisy. I'm not sure with how other users doing. But i'm snapping just with my both hands.

Which local uni has established photography club? I knew mine just started this year.

ryuggen said:
Owning a S3is, personally, I think it handles great shot for day time. However, when comes to night, the IQ its quite noisy. I'm not sure with how other users doing. But i'm snapping just with my both hands.

Which local uni has established photography club? I knew mine just started this year.
erm... if thats the case you might want to look for the fuji's or go forwards further to a dSLR.
but as for fuji, there is not much advantage since you will be trading off the IS of S3 for high ISO. as for dSLR, it will be a big price to get IS lens, and so the trade off is $ for quality

Status
Not open for further replies.