Problems with 400D kit lens (Newbie Qn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackwindows

Jan 1, 2007
Hi guys, I just purchased the wonderful 400D from the IT Show. However, I have encountered a problem when I first attach the lens to the camera. When I turned it on and focused, I have an error 01 saying something about need to clean the lens contact point. Well I turn off and took off the lens and reattached it, then it turned out ok. Then the next day, I reasembled the lens to the cam, I got the same error again.

May I check with you guys if this is a common error when mounting the lens or the lens is really faulty? I only have it for 2 days. What should I do? Hope u can give me some pointers. Thanks a million!

Hi guys, I just purchased the wonderful 400D from the IT Show. However, I have encountered a problem when I first attach the lens to the camera. When I turned it on and focused, I have an error 01 saying something about need to clean the lens contact point. Well I turn off and took off the lens and reattached it, then it turned out ok. Then the next day, I reasembled the lens to the cam, I got the same error again.

May I check with you guys if this is a common error when mounting the lens or the lens is really faulty? I only have it for 2 days. What should I do? Hope u can give me some pointers. Thanks a million!

try cleaning the contact point with a soft cloth? if still got error, bring it back for 1 to 1 exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.