Printer Profile... still very blur!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kiwi
How come the printer manufacturers don't tell us such things? Is it bcos they assume that a good portion of buyers are just lay people who just want to print and don't care much about getting accurate colours?

for enthusiasts and other non-professionals, the standard profiles are pretty good. I don't feel any compelling need to get printer calibration hardware/software for my s800.

Originally posted by Kiwi
How come the printer manufacturers don't tell us such things? Is it bcos they assume that a good portion of buyers are just lay people who just want to print and don't care much about getting accurate colours?

Well Kiwi,
not everyone has the knowledge to explain all these facts cos even the printer selller themselve may not have the aquired facts of the various printing technologies. I only master it due to 3 years of proper education in prepress technology. Even after leaving school, some people may not even know the terms well because them seldom make use of it. Juggling between graphic design and photography, I have the benefits of using the various printing techniques over the years. That why I can explain to you now. Well, if you need help regarding any printing, be it photographic or prepress, feel free to approach me and I see what I can do to help.

Wow, thanks excentrique, once I've sorted out the various questions that still bug me. ;)

Hi Excentrique,
YOu have any ideas where to learn or attend color basic/advance courses in singapore?:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.