Price of Sigma 10-20mm F3.5

What I know F3.5 is sharper.
Might be due to F3.5 version has 2 X ELD, 1 X SLD element, compare to F4 -5.6 version has no ELD but 3 X SLD element.

I read somewhere before that the f4 is sharper. Can't rmb the source

I read somewhere before that the f4 is sharper. Can't rmb the source

really..? good to have side by side comparison.
the f3.5 version is not commonly used. hope there could be more user review to be share

anyone know where can buy Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 and the price?

try ms color, almost 1k for f3.5 but must order and their price almost or abit same as SLRR. If not get the f4-5.6 which I had from SLRR at 800+ with filter

try ms color, almost 1k for f3.5 but must order and their price almost or abit same as SLRR. If not get the f4-5.6 which I had from SLRR at 800+ with filter

thanks, SLRR told me dont have F3.5 guess they not taking in anymore

Since we are on 3rd Party lens..... dont mind me asking for the 70-200 range..... which will be better??? Sigma, Tamron?? The DA*50-135 should be good, but only reach 135mm... hmmm

Since we are on 3rd Party lens..... dont mind me asking for the 70-200 range..... which will be better??? Sigma, Tamron?? The DA*50-135 should be good, but only reach 135mm... hmmm

looking for this range of lens also but seems like local distributor not bringing, think BH is selling tamron 70-200 f2.8 at USD824.09 which is about SGD 1.1k max with shipping

was really considering to replace my DA50-200 WR but then again do i really need f2.8... better bokeh? better IQ or sharpness??

Pentax's DA*60-250mm f4 is 2162SGD from SLRR... totally out of my budget...

but 50-135 is roughly 75-200 on apsc.

if u use a 70-200, u're actually having a 100-300 perspective ;)

haaaa read already still dont know which 10-20 UWA to get..... any masters here got advise base on your usage??

haaaa read already still dont know which 10-20 UWA to get..... any masters here got advise base on your usage??

I am getting Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 read the review seem to be sharper

canbedone said:
I am getting Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 read the review seem to be sharper

Good choice..! Heard is cheaper in amk.. but they always dont have pentax Mount ready...

haaaa read already still dont know which 10-20 UWA to get.....

How picky are you with regards to sharpness? Do you have a budget? Do you use filters?

Assuming no budget....

If you don't use filters, get the Sigma 8-16mm.
If you do use filters, get the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6. Why not Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5? You don't need the larger maximum constant aperture.
If you have a budget and buying in Singapore (Sigma 10-20 is quite cheap in HK) and really mind eventually facing the Sigma's finish-will-peel problem, Tamron 10-24mm will be ok.
If you don't mind having less wide view, you can also consider Pentax 12-24mm too.

Too bad Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 doesn't come in K mount, it's a very good lens from what I've seen.

How picky are you with regards to sharpness? Do you have a budget? Do you use filters?

Assuming no budget....

If you don't use filters, get the Sigma 8-16mm.
If you do use filters, get the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6. Why not Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5? You don't need the larger maximum constant aperture.
If you have a budget and buying in Singapore (Sigma 10-20 is quite cheap in HK) and really mind eventually facing the Sigma's finish-will-peel problem, Tamron 10-24mm will be ok.
If you don't mind having less wide view, you can also consider Pentax 12-24mm too.

Too bad Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 doesn't come in K mount, it's a very good lens from what I've seen.

Thank bro... will go read up.... sure got a budget to consider... :confused:.... but shaprness of lens also important.... was readin the Sigma 10-20f3.5 is sharp... but need to read up more.... else think the Sigma f/4-5.6 will do..

Thank bro... will go read up.... sure got a budget to consider... :confused:.... but shaprness of lens also important.... was readin the Sigma 10-20f3.5 is sharp... but need to read up more.... else think the Sigma f/4-5.6 will do..

I'm not sure if it is sharper or not, but it's supposed to be. There's no reason why Sigma would price it higher otherwise since the larger maximum constant aperture really shouldn't matter much to people buying the lens.

You may also wish to consider that the f/3.5 version uses 82mm filters, which is much more ley chey to find/expensive.

Btw, I haven't handled the F/3.5 version before, but the 4-5.6 version does peel after a while, depending on how much care you take. I don't really do so, and it started peeling after 2 years or so. It doesn't affect the use, the reason why I finally replaced it with Tamron 10-24mm was because someone here was selling it for a good enough price, and there were communication problems with the lens (either chip or contact pin problem, I don't know) which caused it to start stopping down all the way which could be quite a pain in the arse when shooting long exposures. I let it get splashed in saltwater/rain quite a bit though so unless you do enjoy seascapes, you probably could have it last a lot longer. Crossing my fingers for the current lens.. :bsmilie:

IMGP5112.jpg