price for k20d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to sell off the Sigma lens. Now left the K10D to sell off. But managed to get the funds to buy the K20D at $1100.00 with extra battery from Wong.

:D

congratulation upgrading your kit... cool! :)

just wondering if he is still selling original batteries at $30.

You can buy K20D at the price 1000 from Amazon =)

Amazon won't ship the K20D to Singapore, so you'll have to use an intermediary like vpost or comgateway.

Yeah U need to use Vpost, I bought lots of CDs and Book from Amazon, its cheap and safe. They has 30days return policy.

Btw, They sell at 670 USD which equal to 1012 SGD, and GST included

Yeah U need to use Vpost, I bought lots of CDs and Book from Amazon, its cheap and safe. They has 30days return policy.

Btw, They sell at 670 USD which equal to 1012 SGD, and GST included

This was my post earlier in this thread:
"Saw on www.Vpost.com, shop@USA, the K20D was going for $672.68, with shipping cost of $7.94, totalling $680.62 which converts to $1,028.92. The GST of 7% has not been calculated in as yet.

With the 7% GST = $1100.95

Is this worth the price?"

for that kind of price different, rather get the local $1100 one, can see, touch and test.

actually i personally wld rather get from US as it comes with warranty.

haha but since local $1100 out of stock already (hot cakes!) and i'm not shopping for a K20D at the moment, it doesn't matter to me :sweat:

Hope MJ get their act together and bring in lots of cheap cheap stocks

what shop did they sell K20d for 1100$?

K20....S$1250 with kit lens 18-55mm. Orient photo (SL). Good price???

what shop did they sell K20d for 1100$?
Wasn't at a shop. I think he's a parallel importer selling as grey set.

Not bad actually. The above-mentioned importer was selling the combo for $1200, you can get it around $1200 inc shipping from DCEmpire on ebay. Both are without warranty. I believe Orient Photo's set is also grey set, but they provide in-shop warranty which at the moment seems a better deal than the current Shiro/Emjay warranty mess.

Any idea how much OP is selling K20D body only?

Last edited:

Heard he is not a parallel importer but he bought the whole stock from Shrriro and sold at a great discount.

So you can imagine how much Shrriro is making per item.

Wasn't at a shop. I think he's a parallel importer selling as grey set.

Not bad actually. The above-mentioned importer was selling the combo for $1200, you can get it around $1200 inc shipping from DCEmpire on ebay. Both are without warranty. I believe Orient Photo's set is also grey set, but they provide in-shop warranty which at the moment seems a better deal than the current Shiro/Emjay warranty mess.

Any idea how much OP is selling K20D body only?
No idea, have to call & check but i don't think they sell just body alone.
Heard he is not a parallel importer but he bought the whole stock from Shrriro and sold at a great discount.

So you can imagine how much Shrriro is making per item.

recieved his Pm & quote before,but i feel better to get it from shop with one yr warranty
at lease.off cos i think he is doing as good will too.

No idea, have to call & check but i don't think they sell just body alone..

Bought my K20D body only at 1100$. with the kit lens only 100$ more, worth it to me.

recieved his Pm & quote before,but i feel better to get it from shop with one yr warranty
at lease.off cos i think he is doing as good will too.

Well up to individual. I have bought grey sets before with no issues. Treat the items right and it will stay good.

@felix,

OP is selling K20D body for 1100$?

just a couple of questions regarding buying k20d from online stores in USA & shipping back to singapore. your advice on this matter is greatly appreciated.

i want to purchase a k20d from buydig.com (for the free 2-yr extended pentax USA warranty) and somehow get it back to singapore. got a few options:

1) send to a family member who's coming back in 1-2 months and save on shipping, GST and credit card exchange rate entirely. savings worth about 100+sgd, but a long long wait though :sweat:

2) send to family/friend and get them to courier (UPS/DHL/fedex) to singapore. may experience some delay if they are not free to do the shipping stuff. how do i declare the value of the item to save on GST? if the value is under-declared & the parcel is lost in transport, am i only able to claim for the stated value?

3) vpost/borderlinx. if your advice for #2 is to just declare the value of the GST rather than take the risk, then i guess i should also consider these forwarding services if the total cost isn't too far off. read that borderlinx is quite efficient so it may be worth the premium.

4) buy local set and save the hassle, price permitting..

many thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.