Preparation for F1 (Final week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you there....will be a lot of hit & misses.
Even the walkabout tickets, you will have another small gate barrier (see pics at top) in front (about 1m) of the taller barrier so you will not have opportunities to poke your lens thru the gate (which btw is possible except for large f300 2.8 lenses).

I'm trying f300 F4 this time round.

Hi kenfong,

I was trying various exposure/ISO setting to see which lens are best suited for this event as the lighting is quite harsh from places to places.

Here are the camera info. Noticed that the shot from back of grandstand i was testing ISO at 200 (without tripod) and got camera shakes. ISO at 400 is doable and fast action think better at ISO 800 and above.
378555970_NwfKB-L.jpg

378555969_PuZuk-L.jpg

Can provide your exposure/ISO settings and shutter speed for these pics so we have an idea of what to expect.

Some more pics from yesterday..

Just wonder if this will be there? Kind of obstructing in the centre of the lane..
378761032_4PWx3-XL.jpg

Some night pics..
378785091_RHY4e-L.jpg

378785603_QTzNF-L.jpg

378797442_w7jbt-L.jpg

using 135F2 (no panning)
378787105_U9MDV-L.jpg

Last edited:
Deleted.

Last edited:
wow, thanks for sharing.
Noobie Q here, u think 200mm f4 or 300mm f4 can work with the lighting?
I only have f4, no f2.8 :(

Hi cthep2,
I would said 300f4 would be a better one to take for better reach and depends on where you sitting.

wow, thanks for sharing.

those open wheels on the first page are Formula BMW not F3 or F1. they are the one of the 3 support races for Singapore GP.

Hi kenfong,

I was trying various exposure/ISO setting to see which lens are best suited for this event as the lighting is quite harsh from places to places.

Here are the camera info. Noticed that the shot from back of grandstand i was testing ISO at 200 (without tripod) and got camera shakes. ISO at 400 is doable and fast action think better at ISO 800 and above.
378555970_NwfKB-L.jpg

378555969_PuZuk-L.jpg

wow, thanks for sharing.

With ISO 800 and F5.6, can achieve 1/40s. With F4 (1 stop faster) and ISO 1600, should be able to get about 1/160s. With some luck, I think should be fast enough to pan an F1 car.. :bsmilie:

Good luck!!

hey just wondering which vip lounge and grandstand is that in post#5??
do you have any pictures of the paddock club you could post?
thanks!

NICE --- who's going for this event?

Hi chirag, that is the Stamford SKY/CLUB Suite. Sorry did not make it to Paddock club that night as was quite a walk. The Paddock should be very grand as i know a few company will be there.

Hi acl30, i will definitely be there on Sunday. May try Fri around the circuit or shooting from tall buildings.

Perhaps, those want to form a group there can meet up on the day? Just PM me or put here your seat number?

Last edited:
anyone know whether the track is still open to public tonight?
i had walked the circuit last night and would like to go there again :)

thinking of going down this weekend to catch f1.. is there any good free spot? are they going to put up billboards along the metal fence to block people from viewing without ticket?

;p

The track may not, but the surrounding should still open for tonight.

However, from 26th onwards, even the surrounding will be closed. All non-ticket holders will be kept inside the malls and shopping centres only. Else, how to justify for those walkaround tickets holders.

If you think of the highway bridges, can try to recce and test your luck lah, but I think I saw all the walk paths were already blocked up.

Cheers!

How about from bras basar, high floor? :bigeyes:

Hi everyone,

Just visited my seat (row 28) at the Bay grandstand and it is way too far back :( (even with a 300mm) so best if your row is <15 for good captured of the car in view finder.

Here are some pics from today.
380016399_poUNM-L.jpg

Esplanade Steps Premier grandstand
380016188_UFGSg-L.jpg

Bay grandstand
380014585_USQx5-L.jpg

Antique cars going fro a ride...
380014513_4b8sk-L.jpg

Last edited:
I heard they are planning or have already done at a few places.
thinking of going down this weekend to catch f1.. is there any good free spot? are they going to put up billboards along the metal fence to block people from viewing without ticket?

;p

Status
Not open for further replies.