Pre-owned Camera shops at Peninsula

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, its not too hard to make it great in retail biz here.. just open one shop next to these bad service shop.. sell same thing, similar px but good service and u get the customer.

I see this is why AP is so popula rin SLS..

btw, this is the word of advise from my Dick Smith.. a successful australian biz man that got his million from young age.

whatever you guys do,

don't patronise The Camera Workshop.

I don't care how much the CS-ers here worship that place for rental of stuff and whatnots, but it's a straight NO from me when buying 2nd hand from them.

I was ready with cash to buy the 30d ( whilst searching for the best price in the centre ).

When asking for price of 30d body from TCW uncle, guess what he told me ?

" you really wana buy anot?? "

" you got money anot?? "

" if u really wana buy then i take out let you see "

i am seriously pissed with this kind of attitude. wanna make money but look down on people? piece of crap. i swear i won't step into that store ever again.

i think it all boils down to inter-personal skill, maybe your tone is not friendly or acted persistently or maybe he's trying to tease you a bit but you thought he's trying to be sarcastic (pardon me if i got you wrong).

i don't mean to speak up for them but i don't have any bad experience with any B & S shop there. Take for instance, i bought a 2X TC from TCW, the guy sold to me said it can be used on ANY DX lens, but later found out that it only works on f2.8 or faster, 1 week later I went down, they explained & gladly agreed to refund or exchange. TCW always pack with people even after closing hours. Life's short, live well, live happy. :)

Happy shooting!

Welcome to S'pore .. hehehe

same as the shop on the left of AP in SLS (left when u standing outside facing AP) ...

me "This JVC camcorder is which model?"

shop "what model u look for la?" (face damn angry)

me "i duuno thats why i ask.. but this model looks like it... but if i hear model number then i can probably recall.. "

shop "so what model u looking for then i tell u if this is the one or not"

#$@#%#$^%$

they really shld learn from HK... if u guys been there affter ard 1999 u can tell how they changed... even PM Lee that day got say

uneducated ba****d!:thumbsd:

didn't look like it leh. he was sitting down there and slacking before i came in. i was considerate enough to talk to him in mandarin ( he looks like and should be chinese ) and yet he shot me back in english.. rubbish man.

maybe it was because i wear damn cheapskate ( tee and jeans then holding a can of soft drink, lol! ).. that's why it led him to saying all those sh1t..
Talk to the botak guy only, there is a new man working there, who may be the one who helped you uncourtesiously

HS

do this experiment then, find one day that you are very free. wear suit there, speak in queen's english, and see his reaction. if he still answers in curt and abrasive manner, then we can confirm that he deliberately wants to close the shop! ha ha ha.... :bsmilie:

haha.. not so bo liao to try.. inform fellow CS-ers enough already. ;)

i think it all boils down to inter-personal skill, maybe your tone is not friendly or acted persistently or maybe he's trying to tease you a bit but you thought he's trying to be sarcastic (pardon me if i got you wrong).

i don't mean to speak up for them but i don't have any bad experience with any B & S shop there. Take for instance, i bought a 2X TC from TCW, the guy sold to me said it can be used on ANY DX lens, but later found out that it only works on f2.8 or faster, 1 week later I went down, they explained & gladly agreed to refund or exchange. TCW always pack with people even after closing hours. Life's short, live well, live happy. :)

Happy shooting!

if it was the problem with interpersonal skills, then i think every shop wouldn't want to welcome me already. nope. very obviously he wasn't attempting to tease me ( if not there'd be a slight grin or something ), just outright sarcasm.

perhaps he's the only black sheep down there, i don't know. if u're in the service line, u know that one person can bring the whole lot down with him.. :flame:

Talk to the botak guy only, there is a new man working there, who may be the one who helped you uncourtesiously

HS

how old's the new guy? from my judgment the guy who served me is around early 60s or maybe late 50s.. not sitting at counter one.

p.s : i can't help but feel somebody @ tcw is watching this thread. :bsmilie: if that's the case, sorry but i only speak the truth, no false accusations or whatsoever.

The Camera Workshop uncle!!!! Fumes.

I was looking for a 2nd hand lense hood for my nikon. Then this old senile uncle, tried to rip me off.

Sell me at $48 for a new one and 40 for a old one. I went to John 3:16 $36 only for a brand new one.

Refused to let me go, keep screwing on hoods onto my lense. Then the worse thing is screw at wrong angle, very tight to take off.

Then when I wanted to walk off, he keep telling me if you dun buy here you won't find it anywhere else. Totally dun buy anything from them, they have unscrupulous practices.

if it was the problem with interpersonal skills, then i think every shop wouldn't want to welcome me already. nope. very obviously he wasn't attempting to tease me ( if not there'd be a slight grin or something ), just outright sarcasm.

perhaps he's the only black sheep down there, i don't know. if u're in the service line, u know that one person can bring the whole lot down with him.. :flame:

Problem is the rest of the salespersons or owners were in listening range, but they din stop him.

mmm....not sure, been buying things from TCW for years, so far i got good service from them, and actually i just brought a 2nd hand film camera from them yesterday.

mmm....not sure, been buying things from TCW for years, so far i got good service from them, and actually i just brought a 2nd hand film camera from them yesterday.

Ya, thats my experience too, so far no issue, they did screw up once but kept apologising to me. I guess its the classic heng/suay kinda thing.

As for price and which is cheaper, shops or CS BNS, obviously it goes both ways. Since i work like 5mins walk from peninsular, u can imagine i am there almost every lunch time just to explore what is available. I know TCW has 2 sets of 400D being sold now, external condition looks ok, internal i dunno, but they sell at $485, can we say that is expensive? But on the other hand, their canon 18-55 IS kit lens selling 190....duh, thats ex man.

ultimately, still need to compare prices, but if $-$ and its same as CS, high chance i will go to those shops coz can bargain, got shop warranty, can still find them if got problem. :bsmilie:

The Camera Workshop uncle!!!! Fumes.

I was looking for a 2nd hand lense hood for my nikon. Then this old senile uncle, tried to rip me off.

Sell me at $48 for a new one and 40 for a old one. I went to John 3:16 $36 only for a brand new one.

Refused to let me go, keep screwing on hoods onto my lense. Then the worse thing is screw at wrong angle, very tight to take off.

Then when I wanted to walk off, he keep telling me if you dun buy here you won't find it anywhere else. Totally dun buy anything from them, they have unscrupulous practices.

haha. i guess it's the same guy you met. he told me the same thing about not being able to buy cheaper elsewhere also. what total bullsh1t. wanna sell me kit lens @ 190.. zzzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.