PowerShot A75

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit90210

May 11, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys,

Any comments about Canon A75? Good buy? Understand it's selling at $475 including GST.

where is it selling at $475 ?

retract back my qn :)

Oie...A75 made in Malaysia leh....
A75 not bad lah..if u dont mind made in malaysia.
A series canon u can put adapter tube for wide angle and tele lens.
But the batteries.....zzzzz AA size

475 is cheap, any other places selling cheaper than that?

Selling at Courts $549 with 65mb card, tripod and camera case... what ya think?

calvin3983 said:
Oie...A75 made in Malaysia leh....
A75 not bad lah..if u dont mind made in malaysia.
A series canon u can put adapter tube for wide angle and tele lens.
But the batteries.....zzzzz AA size
Made in malaysia == inferior quality? What makes you think so???

The one thing i like about the A70/75/80 is the use of double A batteries. Say for example you're out on a trip and snaps like mad. Suddenly batteries die. If you're using double A, just go to any provision shop and buy them batteries! If using proprietary, good luck to you :)

The A75 i believe is a competent camera. Though i'm in the A70, i believe performance wise would be rather similar. One thing you've gotta note: With the use of adapter for WA and tele lenses, you can't use the flash efficiently. In fact, it'd be more of a hinderance.

Hey, for 475, you get a 3.2mp camera that offers manual controls to explore. What else can you ask for :)

Btw, you might wanna state how/what you are gonna use your camera.. Then we might be able to give a more detailed analysis. :D

OzOn3 said:
Made in malaysia == inferior quality? What makes you think so???

The one thing i like about the A70/75/80 is the use of double A batteries. Say for example you're out on a trip and snaps like mad. Suddenly batteries die. If you're using double A, just go to any provision shop and buy them batteries! If using proprietary, good luck to you :)

The A75 i believe is a competent camera. Though i'm in the A70, i believe performance wise would be rather similar. One thing you've gotta note: With the use of adapter for WA and tele lenses, you can't use the flash efficiently. In fact, it'd be more of a hinderance.

Hey, for 475, you get a 3.2mp camera that offers manual controls to explore. What else can you ask for :)

Btw, you might wanna state how/what you are gonna use your camera.. Then we might be able to give a more detailed analysis. :D

you have said it all. :)

someone mentioned somewhere (in newbie section if not mistaken)... one shop at SLS sells at $420..

woah.. dunno how true this is..

wilis128 said:
someone mentioned somewhere (in newbie section if not mistaken)... one shop at SLS sells at $420..

woah.. dunno how true this is..

wow...$420 is cheap. Today just went lucky plaza to check out on A75 and i was quoted for $470 in one of the shops there. I check for the bundle price with scandisk 256mb CF card and the sales assistant quoted me $580. But when i mention that i have to consider before giving him a reply, his boss quickly made me a offer of $520 for the bundle with CF card. the price seems quite attractive but i didnt buy it as i find the sales assistant is rather rude. When i mentioned that i want to consider, he asked me why still need to consider and asked me to give him a specific reason. He also mentioned that he already given me the best price. He give me the kind impression that they are quite desperate to sell me the camera which have put me off. I also worried about the reliability of the shop assistant cos read a lot of complaints on the shops at lucky plaza. Is there any good and reliable shop at lucky plaza selling digital cam at genuine offer?

Oh, it's not advisable to get camera stuffs from lucky plaza.. Get from more reliable places like Cathay Photo, alan photo and MS Color.. At least they have a reputation :)

but if you wanna risk it, go ahead to lucky plaza :D

kentz said:
wow...$420 is cheap. Today just went lucky plaza to check out on A75 and i was quoted for $470 in one of the shops there. I check for the bundle price with scandisk 256mb CF card and the sales assistant quoted me $580. But when i mention that i have to consider before giving him a reply, his boss quickly made me a offer of $520 for the bundle with CF card. the price seems quite attractive but i didnt buy it as i find the sales assistant is rather rude. When i mentioned that i want to consider, he asked me why still need to consider and asked me to give him a specific reason. He also mentioned that he already given me the best price. He give me the kind impression that they are quite desperate to sell me the camera which have put me off. I also worried about the reliability of the shop assistant cos read a lot of complaints on the shops at lucky plaza. Is there any good and reliable shop at lucky plaza selling digital cam at genuine offer?

actually there's no single shop that is reliable there.. they exists to slay ppl :bsmilie:

but i do notice that sometimes when u act bo chap or not interested or give that 'ask for fun attitude' u may get a really good bargain as the shop there will tend u give u a ridiculous low price when they sense u're just asking for fun and have no intention to buy.. happened to me twice..

but $520 with 256mb sounds cheap leh.. a 256Mb still costs min 80 bucks nowadays.. so the camera price alone is only $440..

That's amazing!!! I got A75 at $470, Kingston 256MB CF at $80, but that's still a better offer than Courts! :think:

kit90210 said:
That's amazing!!! I got A75 at $470, Kingston 256MB CF at $80, but that's still a better offer than Courts! :think:

where you bought for $470?

Status
Not open for further replies.