POWER SUPPLY INCREASE by 12.5% (oct 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyways, if you are a power utility company in singapore, i think it would be hard for you to control oil price...

I wouldn't need to, it is make less or make more only.

../azul123

So if I plan to start a Power utility company and if I set my pricing right, the higher the price of oil the higher my income will be. Hmmm... who to regulate what price I can set?

../azul123

Well, the higher the price of oil, the higher the income of people who sell oil too... The market regulates the price of oil, therefore the market regulates the price of of power *in a crude way*. The EMA is the so called authority regulating the power industry so you'll have to ask the folks there if they think your price is acceptable.

Well, the higher the price of oil, the higher the income of people who sell oil too... The market regulates the price of oil, therefore the market regulates the price of of power *in a crude way*. The EMA is the so called authority regulating the power industry so you'll have to ask the folks there if they think your price is acceptable.

are there any CEOs out there... they probably knows you can hedge power prices... and there is also a "small amount close to peanuts" of money being paid to the regulators monthly.... :bsmilie:

anyway i though i saw from reports dunno which power company made 1 billion profit i think... thats profit man... ya the garment says we allow them to make a profit but not too much... so i dunno how much is too much...:bsmilie:

hmm... ya it explains why crude oil increase = natural gas increase... but why use this formula ?
its widely use in asia but whats the motivation behind :think:

i also not sure why.. japan is another country that uses it (i mean, that's why the formula is japan crude cocktail or JCC)..

you can read this.. :)

he says on page 6:

As is well known, Japan, which was the first Pacific LNG importer, has a large market, and has served as Asia's LNG price maker. Japan first began importing LNG, with imports from Alaska in 1969, and the price of LNG was initially determined by means of a fixed price system based on the project's costs. As imports from Southeast Asian countries such as Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia subsequently expanded, and oil prices soared following the first oil crisis in 1973, LNG prices came to be determined by an oil price-indexed method that was the model for today's price formulae. At the time, oil accounted for an overwhelming 77.4 per cent of Japan's primary energy supply, and as oil's share of consumption for power generation and city gas feedstock (the main areas of consumption of LNG) were also high, at 71 per cent and 49 per cent respectively, the oil price-indexed method had a compelling logic. This price formula, which links the price of LNG to the average c.i.f. price of crude oil imports arriving in Japan (referred to below as the 'JCC (Japan Crude Cocktail) price'), was also adopted by Korea and Taiwan when they began importing LNG.

you can read on, it is an argument on why asia as a whole should not use JCC anymore.. but it still is..

anyway lppl... increase 100% also we need to pay...since i need to surf cs...:bsmilie:

to be fair to them, price increase is inevitable...but i would like them to be more up front with the pricing policy... not 100% transparent but at least give us a more meaningful chart... an esitmated cost of producing electricity would be good...

is it a con-incident or wat ?
right after last year and this year F1, the tariff was adjusted.

now i really who are the ultimate people sponsoring the electricity bill to light up the circuit !!

is it a con-incident or wat ?
right after last year and this year F1, the tariff was adjusted.

now i really who are the ultimate people sponsoring the electricity bill to light up the circuit !!

no la... the price is for oct mah... F1 happen to be at the end of Sep... so every year after F1 we will have price increase...:bsmilie:

aiyo...night86mare...the bill come is everything together. besides we use heater..and my wife use water like no need money somtimes...haha..so u see the fluctuation..the electric component jump by almost 50% diff le...i use the same fridge,same dry cab,same tv..everything same....

kelong la...u go ask ppl ard u..sure got some also will tell u same thing...i have friends tell me when they delibrately monitor and save electric/water-bill went high..when they don't care...drop...

no la... the price is for oct mah... F1 happen to be at the end of Sep... so every year after F1 we will have price increase...:bsmilie:

:think: are u suggesting some conspiracy? we also cannot prove...damn i always knew when they on those damn flood light and we have to pay....ask the F1 drive with headlight la....damn

the whole SGH and NUH on standby for them..A&E can manage...since they race for a living and knew the danger. why not up the beat

This one also damn kelong also...i have been paying my bill and consistently it is hitting 100-150(usage more or less the same)..there was one month in august it went to 40 bucks...i was damn shock...i ask my wife did we not shower for 1 month or sthg....

on paper up 12.5%...reality who knows...

there was a utility rebate ... :rolleyes:

and free F1 coverage live telecast on Channel 5....

Think I got some answers here while reading the ST online.

quote from ST

"Though Singapore uses natural gas to power 80 per cent of its electricity, the price is pegged to fuel oil as there is no natural gas price benchmark in Asia."

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_436124.html

Now thats a good excuse aint it? :cry:

and F1 Floodlight was still FULL blast on monday morning at BRIGHT AND SUNNY 8am. :dunno:

aiyo...night86mare...the bill come is everything together. besides we use heater..and my wife use water like no need money somtimes...haha..so u see the fluctuation..the electric component jump by almost 50% diff le...i use the same fridge,same dry cab,same tv..everything same....

for some periods last year, the electricity tariff was adjusted down in the region of 20+%, i think. you can check the sp website.

Status
Not open for further replies.