Potential Sensor in the New E-Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why me??:dunno: Cjtune started it. if it's not for him I would still be wondering where them lines came from.

I THINK I have read somewhere that an olympus executive has confirmed that the new pro-body has the same imaging engine as the E410/E510.

It's likely, considering the low burst speed noted (FPS noted in HQ mode, not SHQ on the E-410 and E-510), that the E-1 replacement will have multiple processors.

Why me??:dunno: Cjtune started it. if it's not for him I would still be wondering where them lines came from.

Ei, don't tag me! (brushes shoulder with hand)
Actually there were other complainers before me, just not in Clubsnap.

...banding noise patterns? :sweat:

Which would be kind of weird, since it's more or less under control (but still present) in the E-410. Unless it's the E-3's main logic board that's contributing to it? Noise can be the result of interference from nearby components too (and they are also components as critical as the image sensor :sweat:), not just from other electronic devices' emissions.

I don't get it - if the new Pro Body is going to have the same Image Sensor and Processor as the E400/E510 - then what's to distinct it in terms of image quality other than the extra bells and whistles? :dunno:

- All weather sealing
- Better viewfinder
- Swivel LCD
- More AF sensor points
- Better WB/Metering

This being the top of the line offering from OLY - do ya think it's possible that it'll come with:
- Dual-processors to up the burst rate?
- A new 12MP sensor?

We could speculate, but Oly is really keeping its cards very close to its chest.

I don't think we'll see any spec leaks at least until Aug.

We could speculate, but Oly is really keeping its cards very close to its chest.

I don't think we'll see any spec leaks at least until Aug.

I shouldn't, but I might go check if there is a weak link at the water pipes.

I don't get it - if the new Pro Body is going to have the same Image Sensor and Processor as the E400/E510 - then what's to distinct it in terms of image quality other than the extra bells and whistles? :dunno:

The dual processors themselves might be able to further refine the RAW signals where the E-410, E-510 can't? More complicated and better algorithms for interpolation, sharpening, noise suppression, etc. that only two processors can handle?

I don't mind a pro-body that isn't very distinctly different in terms of image quality compared to the entry-level bodies... just has to be priced nearer to the entry-level ones ;) .

I doubt there is going to be dual processor. A bigger buffer, yes. bigger MP...not likely but what's there to stop them?

Where is the leaky water pipe?? :dunno:

I agree that a dual processor E3 is doubtful... but if it has more powerful firmware then it can only mean that the E410/E510 models are "underclocked" in terms of performance, so to speak...

Would not be too surprised it that is the case. Companies have been known to release models with identical hardware with features disabled by firmware on lower tier models.

I wonder if the E3 will have IS...

The right feel of making picture.I just get badly poison on E1 just now,very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.