Portraiture for newbies gathering

Just need to double confirm izzit the meet up on next sunday 6.30pm? And where is the meet up place?

Sorry my bad!!! Is next Sunday .. not today!! Sorry if I confused anyone!! Maybe too eager to meet all of u.. hahaha!!
Cya all next week!!

Hi all,

To those who posted requesting to join and to update me on your contact details, I have added you all and taken note of the changes.

To confirm again, the event is this Sunday, 30th March, at 6:30 pm. We shall meet at Clarke Quay MRT station, at the station control.

We will split into groups, basic groupings will be ambient light vs strobists. From there we will likely split further.

Suggested locations: along the side of the river, Fort Canning Park, in front of Old Police Station, or any other scenic spots around the area. I'm expecting we will just walk around and when we spot an interesting background, we can just stop and make some shots there.

By the way, as of now, there are 21 interested photogs, not including myself. To make sure everyone has a chance, I recommend everyone be prepared to be both photog and model (so please try to wear something you wouldn't be embarassed to be photographed in) to make sure everyone has a chance to do both.

Anyone who is even remotely experienced in or familiar with portraiture, please let me know beforehand so that we can try to split you guys up evenly among the groups so that (if possible) there are no groups with absolutely nobody with any knowledge / experience in this.

That being said, for all the newbies, PLEASE AT LEAST DO SOME HOMEWORK AND HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT TO DO AND WHAT YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE THE DAY. As I said, I am not an expert and I won't be in a position to teach anyone. I am just organizing the event. So if you have absolutely no idea what to do and nobody can/will teach you, well, there's nothing I can do about that.

Last edited:
I am down with fever, can't join you guys, sad

I just saw this thread... too late...

Any chance that there will be another event? How about this coming Sunday, 6 April?