Portrait lens recommendation and where to buy

hi, can you share how much you got the da 35mm for?
thanks~

A bit OT but surprisingly, the DA70 becomes the most expensive DA limited today even though it's construction is one of the simplest. DA15 and DA35 are even falling below it's price.

A bit OT but surprisingly, the DA70 becomes the most expensive DA limited today even though it's construction is one of the simplest. DA15 and DA35 are even falling below it's price.

how much is that lens? just for comparison sake?:devil:

Hi
How did you conclude this? Can share the prices and retail shops with Gengh so he can update the price list?
Thanks

Ah. Ok, I am not exactly sure of local retail prices. My price reference is from USA photography online store B&H (prices in USD):

15mm - $499.95
21mm - $509.95
35mm - $539.95
40mm - $339.95
70mm - $549.95

DA15mm used to be some $60 more exp but had a price revision downwards. And it really makes me wonder how could the DA15 and DA35 be cheaper than the 70. Ok, it's the fastest?!

Ah. Ok, I am not exactly sure of local retail prices. My price reference is from USA photography online store B&H (prices in USD):

15mm - $499.95
21mm - $509.95
35mm - $539.95
40mm - $339.95
70mm - $549.95

DA15mm used to be some $60 more exp but had a price revision downwards. And it really makes me wonder how could the DA15 and DA35 be cheaper than the 70. Ok, it's the fastest?!
I can't justify for the DA70 but the DA15mm is a steal!

15mm - $499.95
21mm - $509.95
35mm - $539.95
40mm - $339.95
70mm - $549.95

Isn't the longest and fastest always the most expensive for any series :think:

Isn't the longest and fastest always the most expensive for any series :think:
Not exactly. Remember the excitement when DA15 was to be launched. It was touted to be the most expensive DA limited ever. It did held that title but over a year after it's launch, prices has fallen quite a lot. The pancakes however, held their stride...

Also, the FA31 is more exp then FA77 (same max aperture) if I couldn't prove my point with the previous argument.

Not exactly. Remember the excitement when DA15 was to be launched. It was touted to be the most expensive DA limited ever. It did held that title but over a year after it's launch, prices has fallen quite a lot. The pancakes however, held their stride...

Also, the FA31 is more exp then FA77 (same max aperture) if I couldn't prove my point with the previous argument.

Thats, true...
But then, just no point comparing. The reverse argument can also be made using the 31 vs 77.

I'd not only want them to be cheap.
No. In fact I want them to be free.
And on top of that, whenever I upload photos taken with the lens up to Picasa web, Pentax pays me back 10%.
:bsmilie::bsmilie:

That is soooo true. 31 cost $1.44K vs 77 which cost $1.28K