Poll CS000097

Would you take a 5k bank loan to get a bicycle?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the issue of discussing how other people spend their money (whether earned or borrowed) and what they spend it on, is getting out of hand in CS.

there was a equipment talk on whether SLR is needed it take good pics, then there was the "famous" expensive lens Vs cheap lens talk, then there was one on borrowing money for hobby talk.....

blah blah blah....

In every one's heart, different things ranked differently in different phase of our lifes.

For me, maybe bikking is ranked above photography and I will sell my spare lens for a good bike frame, for others they may sell their cameras to buy a car....etc

Who are we to say another people's spending habits is crazy?
I am sure all of us have bought some thing expensive which other people around him felt it was crazy to do so in his life.

branded watches, Jeans, LV wallets, DSLRs, bicycles, hi-fi...etc

Yup~ I utterly agree.

In fact...looking back at the amount I've spent on camera gear...its...quite obscene really, considering I'm not a full time photographer. But yeah....boys and their toys....somethings we can never grow up from

:embrass:

Originally posted by BraveHart
Yup~ I utterly agree.

In fact...looking back at the amount I've spent on camera gear...its...quite obscene really, considering I'm not a full time photographer. But yeah....boys and their toys....somethings we can never grow up from

:embrass:

Boys or girls or man or woman, it's all the same.

When you look at young kids spend $50 to buy "shiny" cards of Pop idols and even book a cab whole day to wait at the airport to see them and even chase after the idol's car in their booked cab!!!

Some even buy air tickets to follow their idols on the same flight to HK or Taiwan!!!

When adults look at them, they say "siao"

When the children look at adults buy $3000++ AF-S VR lens...etc or $11k Canon 1Ds, they say "siao"

Even primary school kids, I have seen entering a barber shop and telling the barber he wants "Armani" hair style.
(I was thinking, whoa so young, know Armani hair style already)
I was thinking "siao" too.

Or Louis Vuttion wallets at $300-400,
(who on earth looks at your wallet anyway, most salesman I know are more concern with how much is in it, rather than how expensive the wallet is)
But then again, there are people buying, and mind you, some are "normal" workers earning only $1k+ each month not those $5k/mth executives.

Maybe some of us here are also guilty of spurging lots of money on those 4WD cars in our schooling days, those that do nothing but spin in circles around the tracks.

At least, photographic equipments can be used to make a living if you are good enough. And expensive bicycles can be used as transportation tool.

But a super fast mini 4WD??? What on earth, does that achieve?
Win mini 4WD contests?

All those "Hyper-Dash" motors (ring a bell?) and weights to counter balance the car...etc are not cheap too.

I think each of us have a passion inside them and it's like your "weak" spot where you are willing to save for months to spurge on.

Originally posted by Winston
Boys or girls or man or woman, it's all the same.

When you look at young kids spend $50 to buy "shiny" cards of Pop idols and even book a cab whole day to wait at the airport to see them and even chase after the idol's car in their booked cab!!!

Some even buy air tickets to follow their idols on the same flight to HK or Taiwan!!!

When adults look at them, they say "siao"

When the children look at adults buy $3000++ AF-S VR lens...etc or $11k Canon 1Ds, they say "siao"

Even primary school kids, I have seen entering a barber shop and telling the barber he wants "Armani" hair style.
(I was thinking, whoa so young, know Armani hair style already)
I was thinking "siao" too.

Or Louis Vuttion wallets at $300-400,
(who on earth looks at your wallet anyway, most salesman I know are more concern with how much is in it, rather than how expensive the wallet is)
But then again, there are people buying, and mind you, some are "normal" workers earning only $1k+ each month not those $5k/mth executives.

Maybe some of us here are also guilty of spurging lots of money on those 4WD cars in our schooling days, those that do nothing but spin in circles around the tracks.

At least, photographic equipments can be used to make a living if you are good enough. And expensive bicycles can be used as transportation tool.

But a super fast mini 4WD??? What on earth, does that achieve?
Win mini 4WD contests?

All those "Hyper-Dash" motors (ring a bell?) and weights to counter balance the car...etc are not cheap too.

I think each of us have a passion inside them and it's like your "weak" spot where you are willing to save for months to spurge on.

hahah... very very true.. brings back good memories too....
I guess everyone has his/her justifications or wants but as long as it's within your spending limits (as the poll originally meant to find out), then by all means do so. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Peopl who will just spend 100K just to get a nice car and spend another 50K to tune and mod it and of coz, another 15k for the hi-tech av system in the car.... and not including petrol, taxes, insurances, maintenance....etc.. but why do they spend it? Coz they like.... ;p

like my friends who wow-ed at the cost of photography equipment I have (and it's just the basic) BUT they forgot about that 15K sound system @ home or installed in their WRX or their BMW330... irony huh..

I would rather wait till I can afford than to take a loan from the bank just to get the thing I want now. Good things are meant to wait for.

Status
Not open for further replies.